FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How long will the global economic crisis last?

f00lishhhh
I have heard various ideas about how long the recession, economic crisis (whatever you want to call it, it seems to be subjective!) will last, but I'd like to hear some more. So how long does everyone think this will last; are we in it for the long haul or is the worst already over?
MYP415
The worst is yet to come for the United States and Europe. I had to be the pessimist, but if you look at history and you look at the way the Obama administration and foreign governments are handling this crisis, we are far from done with it. A lot of Obama's "stimuli" will actually prolong the crisis just like the New Deal did in the 1930s.

Asia will be the first to come out of the turndown and with that Europe and the U.S. will suffer even more because prices will go back up and with that we will also really feel the monetary inflation that has been created in the past months with all of this money that has been created.
deanhills
MYP415 wrote:
The worst is yet to come for the United States and Europe.

Makes sense, as the bail-out packages are bound to create a recession in their own right too, manufacturing debt to cover the trillion plus budget has to have a whammy effect on the economies of the US, UK and Europe for sure.