FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New to PHP and loving it!!!

ahachmid
Hello,
I'm SSgt Marcus MacGregor Wells, USAF. I am a Tech Controller stationed at Lackland AFB. My job is to provide global communications to the US military and its allies. Before you start in on my, I don't want to talk about my position on the war etc. I'm here because I love web design and this seems like a good place to be amongst people of the same ilk. Prior to a couple of weeks ago, I always used frames or tables to do my layouts, mostly because I never had any need to use anything else. Then one of my troops showed me the light that is PHP and CSS. I haven't turned back since. Gone are the days of frm src= and "50,*". I am currently honing my skills, as within the next month or so my friend's boss is going to commission me to build a new website for his business. The thing that brought me to frihost was a PHP discussion that helped me solve an issue on my practice page, but then I saw that frihost, unlike so many free hosting sites, doesn't rape your page with adds (or least they say they don't, which I'm sure is true). I've been searching for a free hosting site such as this for the last couple of weeks, and can't wait to start my site up again here. Most people say just to buy a domain, but I don't need my own domain, as I'll be running the site I'll be building off of the boss's domain. Anyways, I think I've got off tangent here (I blame the whiskey and coke). I hope to talk to many of you on here, and hopefully bring somehting to this cool little slice of the internet.