FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Customizable View

Parkour_Jarrod
Okay well this idea came to me when i was on the toilet and i know its probably not feasible but i think it would be nice if we could change the way that the forums line up for each persons individual taste, what i mean is instead of having the basic layout of:

General
    Lifestyle and News
    Support and Web Hosting
    Science
    Sports and Entertainment
    Computers
    Webmaster and Internet
    Scripting
    Frihost users
    Humor
    Miscellaneous
    Language Forums
    Dutch

You can customize it to how you read from favorite to least e.g. for me it would be:

Webmaster and Internet
    Lifestyle and News
    Sports and Entertainment
    Computers
    Miscellaneous
    Science
    Scripting
    General
    Support and Web Hosting
    Frihost users
    Humor
    Language Forums
    Dutch

Or even if there was an extra forum category at the top called "Favorites" that has all of your favorite forums in it to save scrolling etc etc.
deanhills
This is an excellent suggestion Parkour_Jarrod. For example, I tend to only look at certain forums, especially when I am short of time. So perhaps we can have a classic standard view, as it is now, and Frihosters can in addition design their own picking the forums they regularly contribute to for the view, with the option to revert to the classic standard view if they want to check up on other forums.
SpellcasterDX
I think it's an excellent idea. Especially with the "Favorite Forums" option. With that you could like get rid of (hide) all the forums that don't interest you and just keep the ones you regularly post in or keep the forums that don't interest you but have them in their respective cats, while your faves are under the "Favorite Forums" category at the top.
LostOverThere
Certainly is a very nice idea but I just can't see this happening any time soon.

Though, if you get enough replies, I'm sure Bondings will put this on his daily todo list, right under learn Portuguese. Wink