FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FireFox3 + Vista = One Big Turkey?

Dennise
I have been a real fan of FireFox but reluctantly, am seriously considering going back to IE.

I have installed Firefox3 on a new Dell PC running Vista Home Premium with AVG8.

Result? FF ran nicely for a few weeks but now surfing is unacceptably slow ..... I mean S..l..o..t..h.. s..l...o....w. Pointing to most sites like Yahoo, Google, CNN and others take way too long to load.

Then, with NO changes to anything, these same sites load quickly with IE7. On a separate older PC running Windows XP SP3, there is no speed problem with FF3. Baffling!!

There have been many posts here and elsewhere about FF3 being dog-slow and many users are switching to IE7 or going back to FF2.

Has anyone figured this out? I have already tried many suggestions such as cache clearing, checking for incomplete downloads, excessive FF extensions ...............

Is FireFox3 doomed? Is FF2 or IE7 the only recourse? Crying or Very sad
carlospro7
firefox 3 has slowed down compared to previous versions. For me the change is not significant. I think IE is still slow, and I don't see a reason to go back to it. Lately, I've heard that Opera is probably the fastest browser out there in load time and page loading. I also read that it is a very secure browser, and while its interface is a little different, most users I've heard about are happy with the switch and don't mind the interface. If I'm to switch I would probably consider Opera first. Check it out, see if it works better for you.