FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New hobbies...

kody
A friend of mine has realized that she is not "passionate" enough about any hobby or sport or past time. She's also concerned that she's not meeting enough new friends in the new city she's moved to.

Can anyone recommend a good hobby or sport that she should get started in that would lend itself well to meeting new friends? One that she might become passionate about even?

Cheers!
natilovesmike
I think dog training would be a great one, if she likes dogs anyway. There are so many fun sports and classes you can take with your dog and meet a lot of nice people that way. She can also volunteer at a shelter, that was very good for me when I first moved to this country and knew nobody but my husband. There is plenty in dog training/sports to become passionate about.
deanhills
How about ten-pin bowling? Can be lots of fun and it is good exercise too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten-pin_bowling
davidfromoz
I think it will be hard for her to get passionate about other people's suggestions for hobbies. She should find something she likes.

Meeting people? My suggestion is Toastmasters. Great fun.

cheers,
david
Libby
Volunteering can be fun (lots of NGOs out there). Politics is something many people get really passionate about (and lots and lots of parties and organizations and political "scenes"). Both are good ways to meet very interesting people.

But you haven't really said enough about her to say anything more specific.
jwellsy
I would suggest that she check out local ski clubs. Google the nearest larger city and ski club. They have tons of cool people and year round activities.