FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Using same database for wordpress and phpbb

abhishek_2410
I want to install a blog using wordpress and a forum using phpbb under different directories for my site.the blog is intended to be multiuser.now ideally,if a person who is both a member of blog and forum needs to be logged in to blog and forum,then he has to sign in to blog and forum differently,is there any way by which he has a common id and password for both,and he needs to login just once for both forum and blog.also i would like to have some common info like profile in both blog and forum.how i can do it.I m learning php now and so hv only some basic knowledge of php .
kv
http://www.wp-united.com/
http://www.alfredodehoces.com/wp2bb/
Radar
I'm impressed. I would have thought the only way to do this would be to set up a cronscript that ran to sync users in the two databases. Would never have thought that there was an organised solution to the problem.
abhishek_2410
thx ku.i just found out that joomla can also be integrated with wordpress by an extension of joomla...really nice things .
kv
Radar wrote:
I'm impressed. I would have thought the only way to do this would be to set up a cronscript that ran to sync users in the two databases. Would never have thought that there was an organised solution to the problem.

Most of the times, there are. You just have to use brain (well, I meant google Smile )