FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

About FTP

forkei
I am looking for a new FTP. I am currently using FileZilla .However it keeps on loosing connection and what not and pissing me off big time. So could I have some recommendations to any please. Thanks.
Diablosblizz
Perhaps it's not FileZilla disconnecting you, yet your connection with the server / configuration of FileZilla. It may have a timeout feature, where it automatically disconnects.
kirba
i am using Filezilla as well and i am not experiencing any problems with it.
Radar
If any Mac users are browsing this thread, I'll recommend Cyberduck - works really well for me, never had any problems with it so far.
thedinh
i recommen you to use FXP flash or SmartFTP Client. as i konw, these program is the best tool to connect to your FTP server.
dude_xyx
I think its your PC or connection. Not Filezilla. I haven't has any kind of problems for years with Filezilla.
Josso
It's perhaps some settings in FileZilla, or your server which is the issue.
gverutes
I strongly recommend CoreFTP Lite.

It is free and doesn't take up that much space on your harddrive. Believe me, I have had my share of problems with FTP software...either the license expires or it won't show the "public" directory on the FIRHOST webspace.

This application is easy to use, fast and has many useful features that make web development a breeze!
TrueFact
I've used CoreFTP too, but I like LeapFTP even more. I prefer the old version than the current one. It is simple, clean and fast. The only thing about it it is a commercial software. If you can't get it, then I would recommend CoreFTP.
awazdohamko2004
I use filezilla but i love net2ftp online ftp client
wlb
I use flashfxp,I like it.
angfrayle
Use Visicommedia's AceFTP Free. You can get it here.
Da Rossa
I believe its a problem on the server, not in FileZilla. Its constantly upgraded, free and functional. I recommend.
harismushtaq
I have ben using FileZilla for quite some time and I think it is an excellent program. I do not find any disconnection problem. It marks the connection inactive after some time and then it also disconnects it if there is no activity for like 15 minutes but I think this is right behavior. If you do not want it, it should be configurable so you may remove the disconnection option.
k_s_baskar
i am using free old version of ws-ftp which is occupying less space and works stable. but your problem seems to be server ftp connection time settings, try using different ftp clients if problem proceeds try different hosting account which is not giving such problems
Smile
ganjour
I use ftp-client Total Commander. It is rather convenient in use