FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

English as a 2nd language in UK - stress on teachers?

deanhills
UK parliamentary questions revealed that one in seven primary school pupils (4 to 11 year olds) does not speak English as a first language. There are 10 schools without a single pupil who has English as a first language. 11% of secondary school pupils have English as a second language. Many teachers are forced to use hand gestures as well as draw pictures.

Has to be enormous stress on teachers? Probably creating a total different England for the future, maybe a micro-cosmos of the world?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1162782/British-Babel-English-foreign-language-seven-primary-school-pupils.html
Xanatos
Welcome to America Buddy.
deanhills
Xanatos wrote:
Welcome to America Buddy.

Good answer Laughing was thinking of Chris, wonder what the percentage is like in his school ?
PennyLane
Welcome to the world you mean... Ever thought of how it would be to live in a country with 3 official languages?
deanhills
PennyLane wrote:
Welcome to the world you mean... Ever thought of how it would be to live in a country with 3 official languages?
Can imagine it has to be tough at school. Want to share your experience? Smile
forkei
in china ,the english is the second language ,all students must study english .
hangnhu
hand guesture and picture isn't bad way of teaching
and I believe my teachers were fine with half my class speaks english as their second language
even most teachers in london speak it as their second language
satistic are just satistic
uptight tecahers are stressful no matter what language they speak, their just making excuse as to why children nowaday are poorly educated compared to older generations

it not the only the school and teachers fault, but many children lack common sense, it seems, and have a great deal of attitude problem
I'm not that old, but even I could see the different between my generation and the current primary/secondary school kids