FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FTP not working

carl_fernandes
I am trying to FTP to my site... http://click.frihost.net/ but i get a user authentication failure... The username and the password are correct i.e the same one i got when the account was set up but still it fails to log in.

I was not active on the forum for quiet some time. I didnt have proper access to the internet for a while. Is this FTP blocked because of this.. Can youll please reactivate it because ill be active now on the forum as I have got my access to the internet back... Please let me know if this is possible or what is the alternative for me... Thanks.....
internetjobs
can you able to login to login to Direct Admin?.. use the same password or try creating another ftp user account and try. it should work..
escritor
It isn't working for me either. I can log in to cPanel, but it gives the "530 - Login authentication failed" error when I try to connect via FTP.
TrueFact
the FTP 300 code series means
Quote:
The command has been accepted, but the requested action is being held pending receipt of further information.

and code 530 specifically indicates:
Quote:
Requested file action pending further information.

So, it may be the general status of FriHost server these days. Note that the user name and password are case sensitive.
vkykhan33
use filezila or smartftp