FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Skateboarding

Rimfire
Anyone else skateboard? Just wondering..

I've been skating for about 2 years now. Although I had to take a huge break inbetween because of leg injuries. I am all better now and have already broken my old deck and bought a new one. Anynoe else skate that visit these forums?
Nameless
I don't skateboard. Too much physical activity for my liking. Last time I tried I got about twenty metres (which took me like, ten seconds) and fell off trying to turn around!
Eyre
i skate. I used to skate ALOT, then i got into surfing, and chicks. so... I still do skate, but i have ventured off from the street skating, and now i skate vert and bowl. I go to the skatepark about once a week. when i have money. I can compare with you for injuries though. i've broken once, and sprained the same one twice. It definitly hurts.
psycosquirrel
I don't skateboard. I used to aggressive inline, but I stopped because I did not have enough time...
Eyre
exactly, as i moved into high school a few years ago, my time slowly started to decrease, excuse me, rapidly decrease, and the amount of homework and time required for extracuricular activities went up.
onyx
i used to skate board when i was little. Now I am more into bikes. But now i have problems with my back so I can't do nothing right now Sad

But meanwhile i made a lil thingy in which you guys that are into extreme sports might like Smile I am not gonna talk about it here since I guess the rules don't allow me. But if you are interested in extreme sports videos PM me Smile
Boles Roor
I skateboard now and then. But, not real often, and I suck at it badly :p Though, I like it, and so do my friends. Who also suck at it.
poggendroff
its been my dream to skateboard,,i bnought a deck once but in parts where i live,, there r absolutely no places to skateboard,,all the roads hav pebbels and sorts,, so i keep fallin off,,and there r no choices of boards available boohoooo

but i did inline but theres no style in inline waaaahhh Crying or Very sad
Eyre
what state do you live in (if you live in US) let me know (PM me if you prefer that) i will give you a good skatepark. If you are just starting its good to go to those when they are empty, pretty much everywhere has one, so you dont have to worry about there not being one.
krazeek
I have had very bad experiences with skateboarding here is my sad sad story.

Me & my friends went to a local skatepark and we brought are bikes & skateboards in case skateboarding got boring. We was beginners and could barely do an ollie or anything. My friend gets the bright idea to drop in off the full size quarter pipe. He made a deal with me if he made it and landed it I had to do it and if he didnt land it i didnt have to do it. He gets up there and looks down, his expression was very worried and he got the balls to do it and ended up landing it. I went up there scared looked down, it looked alot bigger up there then it did on the ground. I end up landing it by a hair with my body wobbling all over. He wanted to try to do a 180 on it and said we both had to try and this was no problem because we have been practicing before for it and no serious injuries except some cuts or something. He almost lands it, but his foot slipped off the deck. I try it and the board comes from under me, i go face first in the top of the pipe. Smack my chin & head on the top of the pipe. I skid down the pipe holding my chin because it hurt the most. I look at my hand and blood was just running down on my shirt and hand and I ended up getting 7 stitches on my chin and a goose egg on my head. I really never tried to do any tricks afterward. But I was like 12-13 then.
Caxius
i like skateboard.
here, in my town, a lot of boys practise it! Wink
Eyre
ouch.....the first time i dropped in i took a head first into the cement ground. helmet helps loads though.
Rafe
i skateboard a ton, thats why half my bones have been in casts before lol.
criticaldensity
ever come down to FDR in Philly?
Emo_Core
I've been skating for about 3 years but i've been snowboarding for 12 so i'm a little bit better at that Very Happy best trick I can do is probably just a varial flip down a 3-4 stair or something :\ but I can do backflips and 540's on my snowboard....has anyone seen the almost round 3 video with rodney mullen? he is my god ! ! ! ! ! crazy stuff he throws down, chris haslam too
Emo_Core
krazeek wrote:
I have had very bad experiences with skateboarding here is my sad sad story.

Me & my friends went to a local skatepark and we brought are bikes & skateboards in case skateboarding got boring. We was beginners and could barely do an ollie or anything. My friend gets the bright idea to drop in off the full size quarter pipe. He made a deal with me if he made it and landed it I had to do it and if he didnt land it i didnt have to do it. He gets up there and looks down, his expression was very worried and he got the balls to do it and ended up landing it. I went up there scared looked down, it looked alot bigger up there then it did on the ground. I end up landing it by a hair with my body wobbling all over. He wanted to try to do a 180 on it and said we both had to try and this was no problem because we have been practicing before for it and no serious injuries except some cuts or something. He almost lands it, but his foot slipped off the deck. I try it and the board comes from under me, i go face first in the top of the pipe. Smack my chin & head on the top of the pipe. I skid down the pipe holding my chin because it hurt the most. I look at my hand and blood was just running down on my shirt and hand and I ended up getting 7 stitches on my chin and a goose egg on my head. I really never tried to do any tricks afterward. But I was like 12-13 then.

watching new kids at our skatepark is funny because it's all concrete and our smallest quarter/half pipe is 10 feet tall Very Happy when people crash here you know it...lots of screaming and crying...plus homeless people sleep in it a lot...and they smell bad O_o
gonzo
Rimfire wrote:
2 years.. broken my old deck

seriously? only one in two years??
Eyre
it kind of depends on what you are skating it for. for example i skate bowl more often, and i only buy new decks because i end up having no tail after a while.
swage
I skate boards. Been doing it for 5 years now. For the past 2 or 3 years I've only been able to skate about once every 2 months. Whenever I do have the chance to, I go to skateparks wherever I can find them and skate til I drop. I'm planning on building a halfpipe in my yard in a few months so I'll get to skate more often... (a lot more... like every day more...)
-infinity
Eyre
that would be awesome. ive wanted to do that, but we have a hill in our backyard. and where i live termites are a problem, so wood would be a bad idea.
MallardHD08
When I was little I skateboarded..lol. I dont really feel like breaking my bones to run around and jump on rails(no ofence). I just dont get excitment from that. i do like to run skateboards over though(in my truck)! Laughing
WAF
tried it man i suck just sticking to motocross Laughing
lillythelich
My little brother used to skateboard - but what he's into changes every day >.<
RosenCruz
those extreme sports are such a dream for me .I am afraid of hurting myself so I can not skateboard
solomagos
I would love to know how to do that, but i'm not very good at it. I'm really bad, indeed!
But i'm a rapper girl and I love Skate. I've tried once or twice, but there were no good results, you know, all the time on the floor :lol: haha.
Think I will try to see if I can improve (only joking, think I know a lost cause when I see one.... that's me! haha)

Love, Lena xxx
S3nd K3ys
Rimfire wrote:
Anyone else skateboard? Just wondering..

I've been skating for about 2 years now. Although I had to take a huge break inbetween because of leg injuries. I am all better now and have already broken my old deck and bought a new one. Anynoe else skate that visit these forums?

I'm pretty much too old to be skateboarding regularly ('cuz I don't heal as fast as I used to, not because it's a "kids thing"), but I jump on it and do very simple tricks for my kids pretty often.

One of my son's, Chantz, found that he can ride it down the slide on his butt. (He's two) I got a video of it, I'll try to convert it and post a link. It's funny watching him get up afterwards holding his butt (he bounced off the board when he finished the slide and landed on his butt, kind of like a sand enima Shocked )
FireFoxDB
I try to skate but i suck at it but i think it's not my fault it's because i have a cheap no quality skateboard. and we have no good spots to skate. ( no clear road, but tiles.
Tom7
i used to be a ramp/street skater for almost a year, and then i knocked out my two front teeth, when i was dropping in, and that was it for me.
Eyre
Quote:
S3nd K3ys

Hehe, you would be surprised. I see some pretty old dudes up at the skatepark, and they rip. I guess bowl riding isn't as hurtfull as street. I don't really skate street any more, i kinda like bowl better, its more similar to surfing. But yeah, it is very difficult for some people. Took me three years to learn how to kickflip. >_<
orangeh
I'm from Belgium and we finally got our first skatepark in town i really like to skate there!
lockwolf
I am even in BMX (Doing Tricks), Agressive Inline and Skateboarding. I try a mix of all 3 but havent really taken the time to get stuck on doing one.

I did my first ollie in motion today and landed it. I can ollie about 2 feet in the air.
pll
I like skateboarding... but... I'm so poor... I just can land a heelflip and I just make shove it... Crying or Very sad
That will make 2 years I make skateboard... that's my favorite sport but I'm poor...

But I try to increase Exclamation
rokabee
i love to skate...until i broke my leg..now its all about surfing..but i still enjoy watching and jus messin around on the board every once in a while