FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ubuntu 9.04's New Themes

forkei
Well, here we go again... it appears the Canonical just uploaded some new and very nice desktop themes for the upcoming Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope) operating system, in order to please their devoted users. Softpedia is once again the first website to offer you a preview of the new artwork, which will probably be present in the final release of Ubuntu 9.04.

OK, so... long story short, it looks like there's a new package (see the end notes for details) named gnome-themes-ubuntu, which contains three of the most popular, community created GNOME themes: Dust, Dust Sand and New Wave. However, none of the new themes is set as default... yet! Without further introduction, here are the new themes...

Ubuntu 9.04 Daily Build 03172009 with the New Wave theme

Ubuntu 9.04 Daily Build 03172009 with the Dust theme

Ubuntu 9.04 Daily Build 03172009 with the Dust Sand theme

Original Post : http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ubuntu-9-04-039-s-New-Themes-106961.shtml
sheedatali
They look more cleaner, however I do not like color scheme.
Nick2008
Looks nice, pretty straightforward.

Color scheme, yea... that's up for debate.
ThePolemistis
I think it is great
harismushtaq
Gnome, the default desktop for Ubuntu itself is not as beautiful as KDE is. The color scheme does not have a general acceptance and I think Conanical should do something about that. There is a KDE version of the same operting system called Kubuntu. Even with the version 8.10, it has excellent themes and color schemes.
Diablosblizz
The second picture looks the best. I love dark themes, not sure why but it just grabs my attention more than anything else.
Fire Boar
harismushtaq wrote:
Gnome, the default desktop for Ubuntu itself is not as beautiful as KDE is. The color scheme does not have a general acceptance and I think Conanical should do something about that. There is a KDE version of the same operting system called Kubuntu. Even with the version 8.10, it has excellent themes and color schemes.

Oh, kubuntu 8.10 was awful. 9.04 though? It's fantastic. It looks a lot nicer, feels more responsive, is a more mature version of KDE (i.e. stable rather than development) and the KWin compositing finally equals Gnome's Compiz.