FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded?

Rimfire
OK, it says on the Frihost index that we get 10 GB of bandwidth each month. I am sure I have not exceeded that limit seeing as I do not even have my website uploaded yet. Maybe it is because of my inactivity on the forums the past few weeks? I did not mean to not post, but many things have come up in the past little while which does not allow me to log on as much and post. I will try to become more active if that is the problem. Thanks Wink
Bondings
You have 10.69 GB bandwidth usage for this month and the maximum is 10GB.

You have two .gif files which you or someone else probably use as an avatar. They are 1.5 and 3.5MB. If 3000 people watch them, you get to 10GB.

I now enabled hotlink protection and gave you 2GB more for this month. I hope that will be enough for you.
Daniel15
I suggest you use image hosts (such as http://www.imageshack.ws/) to host your images. Image hosts will give you umlimited bandwidth for your images, so they're perfect for hosting avatars images.
Rimfire
Yeah but free image hosts dont allow over around 500 k file size. Oh well I took them off the hosting anyways. Thanks for fixing it up a bit Bondings.
budazz
Rimfire wrote:
Yeah but free image hosts dont allow over around 500 k file size. Oh well I took them off the hosting anyways. Thanks for fixing it up a bit Bondings.

no there are many image host out there even 1mb is allowed ( well i wonder what kind of picture is that?...lol)...

i just sited some image hosting...ive forgot there names... Confused Laughing
babumuchhala
i donno but i think Flickr allows it. As it allows 20 MB/month uploads Smile

http://www.flickr.com
Jamatu
Check my post here http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9967&start=0 it's got alot of different image hosts that you could use for your website.

Alot of them also allow you to use more than 500kb bandwidth as well.
Summer
Bondings , I have sumthing to ask you .

Am I allowed to pay for bandwidth upgrade if I want (later if...)
Bondings
Summer wrote:
Bondings , I have sumthing to ask you .

Am I allowed to pay for bandwidth upgrade if I want (later if...)

I might make it that way that you may ask to double your bandwidth, but only for one month, it is when you really need your website but accidently exceeded your bandwidth.
Summer
Thanks but in case my site exceed the bandwidth limit every month ? Can I pay for it ?
Bondings
Summer wrote:
Thanks but in case my site exceed the bandwidth limit every month ? Can I pay for it ?

Do you mean pay with real money or frih$? Well, actually, my answer on the real money is no, on the frih$, I still have to think of it and even if I decide, I will only allow it for some websites/users. It also depends on how you want to use that bandwidth. If you use it for a big forum or to generate custom images, the answer will be no. If you use it to distribute your self-made game and you are quite active, then maybe I'll allow it.
Sunny
Bondings wrote:
Well, actually, my answer on the real money is no,

Bondings you are the first human to say no to real money..lol. oh wait... my bad..you are not human you are ALIEN! Well I think that explains.

I saw the reason why you said no to paid hostig but what if donations are welcomed through paypal. Razz
Summer
I will use my website to redistribute 3d renders and all type of graphics . Using Frih$ is perfect but can I donate real money if I want ?