FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What can I do to get out of Google's sandbox?

the-guide
I need some help please...

After indexed by Google for 2 weeks then my new site was deindexed, is this cause by Google's sandbox?

How can I find out if my website is in Google's sandbox and what can I do to get out of the sandbox?

Thanks a lot in advance.

-----
the-guide
Have anyone here can give me some advice please?

Thanks in advance again.
gcaughill
the-guide wrote:
I need some help please...

After indexed by Google for 2 weeks then my new site was deindexed, is this cause by Google's sandbox?

How can I find out if my website is in Google's sandbox and what can I do to get out of the sandbox?

Thanks a lot in advance.

-----

The number one way to get into Google's bad graces is to break their terms of service. Read that before doing anything else and the things they say not to do.... don't do them.

If your site is in the 'doghouse', it will take time and energy to get it out.

Some suggestions:

1. Make sure your site has QUALITY, UNIQUE content on it. If it isn't something people would love to visit, then you should be spending all your time creating quality content first. Do not do anything else until you have a fairly large amount of good content.

2. Make sure your site does not look like a spam site. If it does, pay a designer to redo it or look for a nice looking free template and modify it.

3. Get quality sites to link to your site. Once you have a few of these, you should get out of Google's 'dog house'. But do not try these until after you have done 1 & 2.

You have a hard road ahead, but the only way to get out of Google's 'dog house' for sure is to create a good site that others like and let them know about it.
the-guide
Hi "gcaughill",

Firstly, I would like to appreciate and thanks a lot that you take your valuable time provided very useful advice for me.

gcaughill wrote:

1. Make sure your site has QUALITY, UNIQUE content on it. If it isn't something people would love to visit, then you should be spending all your time creating quality content first. Do not do anything else until you have a fairly large amount of good content.

I use API keys got contents from the database of web-service so I pretty sure that my site has not bad quality contents but of course it's not a unique content. In this case can it help me if I add some contents manually into each page.

gcaughill wrote:

2. Make sure your site does not look like a spam site. If it does, pay a designer to redo it or look for a nice looking free template and modify it.

Certainly, for this case I sure that it's not a spam site any way.

gcaughill wrote:

3. Get quality sites to link to your site. Once you have a few of these, you should get out of Google's 'dog house'. But do not try these until after you have done 1 & 2.

I will spend more time to do this and hope it will re-indexed very soon.

Thanks for your help again "gcaughill".
deanhills
I would re-design my Website as something different. Start fresh. It may cost in terms of the name of the Website, but since Google is such a big outfit, I won't mess around. Just start from scratch again. Smile
the-guide
Without doing anything today it was re-indexed Very Happy
However, the position on Google's SERP is not good as first time it was indexed.
I have to spend more time working on it.

But another bad thing has been happen to me...
Hosting where I hosted three of my sites has been shut down by Spamhaus!
(Posted on this thread... http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-105133.html )
distantship
I want to know how to get out of google sandbox too and have found a lot of different opinions, normally you would not get indexed again in 6 months, however, there are things that you could do to speed up the process:

1. Add fresh and unique content to your site regularly
2. Get good incoming links from high PR sites
3. Keep link building but not just for your homepage but also inner pages
the-guide
distantship wrote:
..., there are things that you could do to speed up the process:

1. Add fresh and unique content to your site regularly
2. Get good incoming links from high PR sites
3. Keep link building but not just for your homepage but also inner pages

Yeah, all those I've done and have been doing continually...
but they can not guarantee anything since Google always and always
change their rules and algorithms so sometimes I have discouraged
to follow closely them again and again and again. Sad

(Also, yes I known that trust is a major factor in Google's ranking
algorithm and Google doesn't want to list spam sites in the search results,
however, in fact, by doing that, it's seem that Google still can't
clean and clear all spammers from their SERPs at all, otherwise... Question ...)

gcaughill
the-guide wrote:
Without doing anything today it was re-indexed Very Happy
However, the position on Google's SERP is not good as first time it was indexed.
I have to spend more time working on it.

But another bad thing has been happen to me...
Hosting where I hosted three of my sites has been shut down by Spamhaus!
(Posted on this thread... http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-105133.html )

Why were they shut down? For helping spammers? If you host is a 'dark side' host, that can also explain why they might think your site is bad.

If you can afford it, invest in quality hosting. If possible make sure you get your own IP address.
the-guide
gcaughill wrote:

Why were they shut down? For helping spammers? If you host is a 'dark side' host, that can also explain why they might think your site is bad.

If you can afford it, invest in quality hosting. If possible make sure you get your own IP address.

Thanks to "gcaughill", honestly, until now I still don't know the fact that why were they shut down, may be... their are many spam sites hosted on that hosting, but I have already solved all of the problems. As you informed, I just moved my sites to another quality hosting.

However, I still not get my own unique IP address since I have to spend a lot of money during this period, may be I will do that later if I found that it's really necessary for me to do.

Appreciate and thanks very much again for your attention, "gcaughill".