FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Paranoia Agent and Elfen Lied

evilgeniuself
I watched the first few episodes of Paranoia Agent and the entire series of Elfen Lied, and was wondering what other people thought of them. Even though they are two entirely different anime, many people I talked to refuse to watch them because they seem perverted (which Elfen Lied is, very much so) and are not exactly clear at all times. I did not find these problems too often, and enjoy the series a lot. What are your opinions on Elfen Lied and Paranoia Agent (I'm not trying to compare them, since they are different genres of anime entirely)?
bird
lied was pretty crazy. like, at first glance, it was NOT something i expected from some chick with pink hair. but as the series continued on, actually, the more bored i got. maybe i'm just horrible at appreciating horror-genre things? there were no...twists that were so mindboggling (like Code Geass) that i have to stop and rewind my dvd and rewatch the scene (a few more times).
crimson_aria
i have not seen elfen lied so I cannot give comments about it. but i have seen Paranoia agent. heard about its distinct story so I checked it out. I remember that it was twisted and interesting. a serial killer going around hitting people with a bat. the thing i can never forget about paranoia agent is the opening video. odd but deep and meaningful, and a bit creepy. all characters laughing. it's been so long so i kind of forgot the full details of the story already.

I like those kind of shows so I enjoyed watching paranoia agent.