FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Picasa 3

Asap170
I just found this new software program called "Picasa" I have version 3. It is a free-ware by Google. I really like it. And picture editing or making a collage or a movie is really easy. I really enjoy it. And since it is a Google program you can upload directly to YouTube!
forkei
yeah, Picasa is a very useful image software ,and the site http://picasaweb.google.com/ is a very good image hosting !
snowynight
forkei wrote:
yeah£¬ Picasa is a very useful image software £¬and the site http://picasaweb.google.com/ is a very good image hosting !

only 1 gb. I think it's too small for us . It is a good service though because it is free.
sheedatali
Well anything for free is better than nothing Smile
songwang
I like adobe photo shop more than anything else. But only one thing that i do not like is the size is too big.
silverdown
Wow i am gonna have to try pice.... whatever XD it's named , Thanks for sharing
r4inm4ker
It's a very good photo browser. I'm currently using it as one of my main browser and organizer. It hasn't been updated for a long time though...
amperx
hmm ima try it out, thanks for the info! Very Happy
sondosia
I love Picasa, but it really pisses me off how little storage they give you, and how much they make you pay to "upgrade" the storage to another relatively small amount. Seriously, why does Gmail has so much space for MAIL and Picasa has so little for pictures? I wish I could use Gmail to store photos.
sheedatali
sondosia wrote:
I love Picasa, but it really pisses me off how little storage they give you, and how much they make you pay to "upgrade" the storage to another relatively small amount. Seriously, why does Gmail has so much space for MAIL and Picasa has so little for pictures? I wish I could use Gmail to store photos.

Dude you are getting 1GB for free, if less space pisses you off then upgrade and buy more. I hate when people just expect things to be free for no reason. Don't you think it costs google to host it, it is already a luxury to have 1GB for free.

And the reason why gmail gives you so much space is because they know you will never use that much. I have been a gmail user since the time it was launched and I never delete any mails from my account apart from Spam. I receive over 100 mails a day or so. And I have only managed to use about 600mb till now. So regardless of the fact that they give so much space, I will hardly ever use it.

The other problem of course is the fact that emails are small files, mostly in kb's hence file system optimization is easier, however pictures are normally MB's and therefore filesystem optimization is not that easy.
sheedatali
sondosia wrote:

Dude you are getting 1GB for free, if less space pisses you off then upgrade and buy more. I hate when people just expect things to be free for no reason. Don't you think it costs google to host it, it is already a luxury to have 1GB for free.

And the reason why gmail gives you so much space is because they know you will never use that much. I have been a gmail user since the time it was launched and I never delete any mails from my account apart from Spam. I receive over 100 mails a day or so. And I have only managed to use about 600mb till now. So regardless of the fact that they give so much space, I will hardly ever use it.

The other problem of course is the fact that emails are small files, mostly in kb's hence file system optimization is easier, however pictures are normally MB's and therefore filesystem optimization is not that easy.
shenyl
Both versions I have been using, but both have a strange issues.

When you do the extra editing and touch-up, these are only stored in picasa, they are not applied directly on the images. If you want a permanent application of your "I am feeling lucky, etc", you need to Export them back into the same folder - and it will appears as another file.

This really ends up with 2 versions of the same image - one based on you definitions that are not applied directly, and another exported with permanent changes. You cannot tell the differences from Picasa, only when you view the one which has the Undo button active from the one which does not have.

Anyone, has found a better way to use Picasa that can resolve this headache?

Thanks.
nivinjoy
Picasa 3 is more better version than the previous one by google...!!! I use it as my image manager and photo viewing software in my system...!! I like the appearance and the way of presentation of the pics...!! I think Google as usual has done the best in this too..!!
sourojit
hey the photo album managment of picasa is great.Editing is comparatively easier,image viewing interface is superb.
koen66
another free prog worth looking at : paint.net. It's easy to use for basic photo editing.
koen66
koen66 wrote:
another free prog worth looking at : paint.net. It's easy to use for basic photo editing.

i totally agree : paint.net is an excellent free photo editor. I use it daily at work. I'm working in IT and it does everything i need in my job.