FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hair Removal for Men

gandalfthegrey
What is the best hair removal method(s) for men? Both facial and body hair?

Shaving? Electric Straight, Electric round, hand razor (single blade), hand razor (multiblade) or straight razor?

Waxing?

Laser hair removal?

Ultra violet therapy?

Chemical depilatories?

Any other new technologies?

What have you tried and what has worked for you?
sheedatali
gandalfthegrey wrote:

Shaving? Electric Straight, Electric round, hand razor (single blade), hand razor (multiblade) or straight razor?

Waxing?

Laser hair removal?

Ultra violet therapy?

Chemical depilatories?

I am very interested in knowing suggestions and answers to this. I go to gym and I look like a hairy chested monster where as everyone else has smooth and shaved bodies. I want to get rid of body hair.
peyote
I am 70 an realized i wanted my haiir back
Sphaerenkern
Waxing has the disadvantage that you have to let your hair grow a bit before you can apply it... I won't say shaving is the best method, but it works best for me. Manual razor / multiblade, btw.
I won't go for laser-removals or something, it's just too expensive and maybe some time I'm 70 and want all my hair back Very Happy
sajeebr
What ever be the way of removing hair, shaving is the best alternative. I have also found out that laser treatment is permanent but come on guys, we will look like girls without body hairs, it is what makes us MAN.
If you are just lazy to shave then permanent hair removal is best alternative but you may not get it back if you need it later. Surprised
soljarag
The spray stuff works pretty good, and its alot easier than waxing.... You just spray it on, wait 10 minutes, then take a shower

Waxing last longer (since the roots come out), but its really hard to do by yourself..... I don't even mind the pain

shaving doesn't last very long
yagnyavalkya
THe best hair remover for men is ofc ourse the razor
or a knofe or a sharp instrument capable of cutting the hair
Dean_The_Great
For body hair there is a device called an epilator. It's a kind of multi-pluck device. It has a whole bunch of tiny grabbers that pluck the hairs as you run it over the skin. It's more effective than shaving, as it grabs some hairs from the root, but you do need a little length for it to work, so it's best on body hair.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epilator
yagnyavalkya
The best hair remover for men is of course the razer
and let me tell you nothing is as good as the razor and that too possibly a triple edged one!
bsbteng
I am very interested in knowing suggestions and answers to this. I think that Laser hair removal is the best way.
medesignz
HAHA... I go for tweezers!
sciencegto
bsbteng wrote:
I am very interested in knowing suggestions and answers to this. I think that Laser hair removal is the best way.

Is there any safer method than that?
mikakiev
Shaving with a candle and a wet towel.Smile))
rajeeb
It is best to shave. What if you did laser therapy and wanted your hair back after 10 years.

There are many possible ways but easiest and best method is always applicable. Male body is designed to grow more hair so accept it rather than resisting it.

When you stop resisting then you will be very comfortable with it.

but research says that men feel little under aged and confident when they are shaved.
tukun2009manit
gandalfthegrey wrote:

Waxing?

Laser hair removal?

Ultra violet therapy?

Chemical depilatories?

shaving
bsbteng
The patients who want it based topical anaesthesia can benefit from a cream Consultation for further information, setup a complimentary The students also thought of the unshaven woman they saw her as less feminine as more aggressive and strong, and, in essence, Sources of waxing materials waxes, be obtained from many sources special heaters, and lidocaine can Sources have recently been introduced to induce selective damage to hair follicles photothermal destruction lasers and noncoherent light
tukun2009manit
gandalfthegrey wrote:

Waxing?

Laser hair removal?

Ultra violet therapy?

Chemical depilatories?

shaving
iyepes
peyote wrote:
I am 70 an realized i wanted my haiir back

It's interesting to see how people's priorities change with time Smile

I have a friend who uses razors for his body hair. I'll ask him one of this days if he have tested any other method.
iyepes
Dean_The_Great wrote:
For body hair there is a device called an epilator. It's a kind of multi-pluck device. It has a whole bunch of tiny grabbers that pluck the hairs as you run it over the skin. It's more effective than shaving, as it grabs some hairs from the root, but you do need a little length for it to work, so it's best on body hair.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epilator

I knew the Epilady, and believe me, it feels like burning your skin if you have too much hair.
medesignz
is the mono brow a sign on manliness?
iyepes
medesignz wrote:
is the mono brow a sign on manliness?

You need testosterone to develop body hair (both, men and women) so extra-hair could mean extra-testosterone..... but manliness is more than hormones.
Greatking
i think what you have displayed enough. unless other new ones come up, will keep people updated.
nirvanafan4ever
gandalfthegrey wrote:

Waxing?

Laser hair removal?

Ultra violet therapy?

Chemical depilatories?

Electrolysis is the best hair removal that anyone can get, it is absoultely 100% Pernament
loyal
Peace.

Shaving is the quickest and most convenient hair removal method. Although obviously it's in no way permanent.
I've heard that hair removal creams are pretty effective, and so I'd recommend those as a cheap (compared to surgery or similar) method. But I have also heard the hair returns after stopping regular use of the removal cream.
I've also heard that no method is a hundred percent guaranteed to work forever, and that hair can sometimes return even after electrolysis or surgery or other "permanent" fixes.

Consider that the hair which you want to remove may not really be as obvious as you think.

Just my two cents Wink
Greatking
i think shaving is the best. ofcourse it will grow back thats nature but you just have to live with it. it grows you shave, life goes on.
medesignz
i always say, i dont grow my hair, it grows on me
bjwok
Hmmm, noone has mentioned the best way to remove nasal hair on men. I find the indivdual pluck technique between the finger nails works ok for me. Anyone got another technique?
iyepes
bjwok wrote:
Hmmm, noone has mentioned the best way to remove nasal hair on men. I find the indivdual pluck technique between the finger nails works ok for me. Anyone got another technique?

Isn't it too painful? I haven't found a more sensitive zone than it. A common saying is "nose hairs are the longest in the body, since you feel them like comming from you butt when you pull them"
bjwok
interestingly enough, the ones on the inside (so, the centre wall i guess?) are super sensitive - almost always inducing tears, but the big meaty ones all the way in are a breeze and not painful in the slightest! but i'd still like to hear if anyone could recommend a better way!!
programitv
I am not a man, but I had a friend with really generous hair on his face and often having issues with shaving as the hair was growing under skin, so he got it removed by laser. It really looks good now, but it is not permanent and it is not totally removed, just reduced. He had about 4 seances.
medesignz
seances? did he contact the dead and make him hairy?
jasikazenith
Hair removal,you waxing,threading,tweezing this temporary and you do a laser hair removal this a best and effective treatment and safe and permanent hair removal treatment.
medesignz
Where exactly does one want to permanently want to remove hair?
medesignz
a colleague of mine literally ripped the hair from my arms using her own fingers... it was fine, and i am still a little bald
kjwilsons663
nice .. good day
Flakky
I have a lot of body hair as well. Shaving seams to be perfect but there are some "hard-to-reach" places I can't really shave properly (all spots you can't easily see when you are in front of a mirror doing all possible poses you can do).

Anyone has any ideas for that?
Velius
Nowadays there are many ways and alternative just find one that you feel that is good for you.
teefouay
HAhA
Cool Cool