FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Travel route

gueda
Hi everyone
I llive in Brasil, sorry for my english, because I learned it by myself and don't have a proper grammar.
Well, I am planning do one travel when finish my university. I want to make that route:
Brasil > Mexico > United States > Europe (UK and germany)

Well, specifically about those country what places is good for visit? I don't have a lot of money. In Europe I am planning "buy" one bycicle and travel a lot me, the winds and the birds.
I want to visit natural and historical locations like as mountains, forests, museums and other things like this (I don't want to visits churchs etc).

What places is good and beautiful?
deanhills
gueda wrote:
Hi everyone
I llive in Brasil, sorry for my english, because I learned it by myself and don't have a proper grammar.
Well, I am planning do one travel when finish my university. I want to make that route:
Brasil > Mexico > United States > Europe (UK and germany)

Well, specifically about those country what places is good for visit? I don't have a lot of money. In Europe I am planning "buy" one bycicle and travel a lot me, the winds and the birds.
I want to visit natural and historical locations like as mountains, forests, museums and other things like this (I don't want to visits churchs etc).

What places is good and beautiful?

How long will the duration of your trip be? And which States and countries in US, Europe and UK are you intending to visit? Think you need to narrow it down a little for people to be able to advise you. Obviously in the United States it would be good to get to Florida, Disneyland and Epcot Centre, then Washington DC and New York. In England it would have to be London at least unless you have specific other places in mind.
gueda
OK. I don't have in my mnd one specifically place to go.
In Europe I will start in London. After I go to munique (Munichen, München).

Well, in thats point I want to visit the places near (Is that I want to know. what beautiful places have near here)

I search in google maps I found Hofgarten.

Wien - Schönbrunn (TK)>]

Austria, Höhenstrasse

I am searching counstrys/states to visit yet.
A place that is much like the landscape of the film PS: I love you ( in part the first time he meet her is scotland?)

In US I will follow your advice. How I can travel inside US? Train, bus, airplane? Foreign can rent a car?
I don't know how long duration the travel will be. I will lost my job in december, so I wanna to travel to relax and recharge the energy to return to my country.
ocalhoun
gueda wrote:

In US I will follow your advice. How I can travel inside US? Train, bus, airplane? Foreign can rent a car?
I don't know how long duration the travel will be. I will lost my job in december, so I wanna to travel to relax and recharge the energy to return to my country.

I was wondering how you were planning to take the first few legs of the trip... will you fly to Mexico and then to the US, or will you travel by land?

While in the US, travel by bus or train is possible, but not as prevalent as in other countries, so it won't be as easy.

Depending on how long you'll be in the country, it may be cheaper to buy a small, old, efficient car rather than renting one. It might even be cheaper to do that than to travel by plane, train, or bus.
(Here I'm thinking of the old piece-of-junk mini-car that still runs, but sells for under $1000, as opposed to a rental, which can easily cost hundreds per day.)

If you've got lots of time, get a very old RV instead for $10,000-15,000 and take a tour of some of national parks. It is expensive up front, but you'd have your transportation and lodging cheap.
(Thinking of a pickup-truck/camper or an old conversion van.)

With either of those, you can sell the vehicle just before you leave for Europe and make most of the money you put into it back. Since you'll want to unload it quickly, look for a 'carmax' dealership: they'll buy it from you (at a relatively low price) right away, even if you don't buy any of theirs. Getting the driver's license might not be hard at all: for many countries, you just have to show your foreign license to get a valid US license.

As for what to see in the US, that depends on what you like, because you can get nearly everything, and there's way too much to see, even if you spend your whole life traveling the country (like my grandfather does).
Do you like:
Theme parks- Orlando FL [7 different Disney parks, Universal Studios, Sea World, Bush Gardens, several water parks], California [more Disney], (And I know of a small, but very good one in Valdosta, GA).
Nature- Any of the national parks are great, though specifically I'd recommend Yosemite, Yellowstone, Badlands, Glacier, or Great Smokey Mountains. Research the area and try to be there when the weather is ideal.
Big Cities- San Francisco CA, New York NY, and New Orleans come to mind for unique cities to visit. The first two include several different districts home to immigrants that keep up ethnic traditions. These districts resemble the home countries very much and are interesting to visit. If you're going to New Orleans, try to get there at the right time for Mardi Gras, which is about the wildest celebration in the country.
Museums and Monuments- Can't beat the variety in Washington DC, which includes the huge Smithsonian Museums.
Beaches- Florida or California (or for cheap, but nice beaches: Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Georgia)
History- Washington DC, Boston, San Francisco, St Augustine FL (Though the US has much less history appeal than Europe)

Since I'm not an expert on Mexico or Europe, I'll leave those to others.

One parting thought: if you do go to Florida, and you're interested, make sure you go to 'Fantasy of Flight', a museum/attraction which houses the largest collection of flight-ready antique military and civilian aircraft. They are all real planes (not models), kept in running condition and they fly one of them every day, even though some are as old as 1912. They include tours of how they restore the planes and other things like going inside the larger planes and flight simulators. (including taking a ride in an old bi-plane for an extra charge) A very cool place to go if you like that kind of thing, and relatively cheap.
gueda
Quote:
I was wondering how you were planning to take the first few legs of the trip... will you fly to Mexico and then to the US, or will you travel by land?
While in the US, travel by bus or train is possible, but not as prevalent as in other countries, so it won't be as easy.

I think about you said and will be very hard for me stay in Mexico (and will spend more money). Is better I take one airplane in my city and fly to US. So I will start my little adventure.
I loved your idea to buy a cheaper car. So I can take one map and GPS and go exploring slowly and staying where I want to.

Quote:
Getting the driver's license might not be hard at all: for many countries, you just have to show your foreign license to get a valid US license.

I will search this month about this and what is th policy of my country and US for license.

Quote:
Nature- Any of the national parks are great, though specifically I'd recommend Yosemite, Yellowstone, Badlands, Glacier, or Great Smokey Mountains. Research the area and try to be there when the weather is ideal.

Razz I am searching for this! I will read this year everything I can about those places. Hotels, where I can sleep, and, how you said, about the weather

Quote:
One parting thought: if you do go to Florida, and you're interested, make sure you go to 'Fantasy of Flight', a museum/attraction which houses the largest collection of flight-ready antique military and civilian aircraft. They are all real planes (not models), kept in running condition and they fly one of them every day, even though some are as old as 1912. They include tours of how they restore the planes and other things like going inside the larger planes and flight simulators. (including taking a ride in an old bi-plane for an extra charge) A very cool place to go if you like that kind of thing, and relatively cheap.

Aaa! I will go to that place!! Your description convince me hahaah I like a lot old planes, since they was envolved in wars (like the military). Have many stories in each one.

The only problem is my english. My grammars is very bad. I never studied english =/ all I know I learned it by myself.
But I will enter in one english school to improve it.
Thank you very much for all informatio you give me. You helped a lot. Very Happy
ocalhoun
gueda wrote:

The only problem is my english. My grammars is very bad. I never studied english =/ all I know I learned it by myself.
But I will enter in one english school to improve it.
Thank you very much for all informatio you give me. You helped a lot. Very Happy

From what I can tell here, your English is not perfect, but you'll have no problem understanding and being understood. Going to classes might make it easier, but I think you'll be fine as it is.