FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Song writing contest

mk12327
I'm sure there are lots of aspiring songwriters out there. In order to provide a platform for these potential song creators to express their enthusiasm for music as well as a chance to protray their talents, I hereby declare a song writing contest!

The rules are simple. The current contest is focusing more on songs that comes with lyrics. Pm me the entire song lyrics and post one of the stanza of the lyrics in the forum. People who saw the stanza and are interested could vote for the song. There will be 2 songs selected by me and 1 song selected by public voting. The creators of the 3 songs will then proceed on to create the full song, including the tune. Completed version of the song will then be posted on a video hosting site such as Youtube (by the creator so I do not have the soft copy) for further voting.

The prizes are as follows (due to my limited Frih$):

1st -> Frih$150
2nd -> Frih$100
3rd -> Frih$50

The selection period is from today till 15th April. There will be another month for the 3 person to complete the song. The voting of completed song will run from 16th May till 15th June. All songs are to be original and that the copyright remains in the possession of the creator once it has been pm or posted here.
speeDemon
so is there anyone in this competiton or not?
mk12327
Unfortunately, there are no entries as yet. Are the prizes too unattractive or that people are not interested?
speeDemon
I think you should advertise a bit more, maybe in the general chat,music forums, guitar forums.. etc..

And anyway, who would want to write a whole song just for frih$ ? !!! Very Happy
mk12327
The frih$ is just an additional incentive to attract people to take part. The main thing is that i'm trying to promote a platform for them to showcase their talents.