FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

3 Available Docks On the Internet For Free.

phuchicu
Here are a list of 3 available docks that work just like the Mac OS X dock. They are all free, except for objectdock, which you can either buy it, or download it (not a trial, but forever).

1. ObjectDock
ObjectDock is one of the most famous docks out there. You can either buy it, or as I said before download the free but non-trial version. Unfortunately, you cannot customize the looks of icons.

2. RocketDock
RocketDock is my personal favorite - mainly because there are thousands of add-ons (e.g. stackdock) and also you can download custom .png files and change the look of different icons on the dock.

3. RKLauncher
RKLauncher is a dock that you do not have to install, as when you download it, you download the whole program and also the files.
froginabox
I LOVE RocketDock!! I even use it on my Mac when I run Bootcamp Wink

If you're into desktop customization, you might also want to look at software called Rainmeter, it has tons of skins that can add things like clocks, hard drive monitors, network graphs, etc. to your desktop!
Diablosblizz
ObjectDock messed up my computer completely, and I've never really liked Stardock. I haven't tried the others although I'm willing to give them a try! Thanks.

EDIT: RkLauncher is apparently made by somebody local to me, I use Cogeco as well so they have to be in Canada somewhere. Smile
silverdown
Thanks for sharing.... I will give them a try
topsoft
thans alot ... Smile
Flakky
I just deinstalled RocketDock because it was getting more and more useless. I bought a new monitor and am running dual screen right now so I removed it.
sheedatali
Are these all for Windows?
Flakky
RocketDock works on windows but was made by a mac user. Objectdock works on windows I believe and don't know about the other.
Diablosblizz
They are all for Windows, as Mac already has it's own dock. I'm currently using RocketDock with Windows 7 and I love it. I don't use it as a replacement for the task bar, but instead as a quick launcher. I hate having my task bar cluttered with icons and whatnot, so this works perfectly and it hides when it's not in use which is AMAZING!

Great little applications, I love it so far.
Flakky
Diablosblizz wrote:
They are all for Windows, as Mac already has it's own dock. I'm currently using RocketDock with Windows 7 and I love it. I don't use it as a replacement for the task bar, but instead as a quick launcher. I hate having my task bar cluttered with icons and whatnot, so this works perfectly and it hides when it's not in use which is AMAZING!

Great little applications, I love it so far.
I thought Windows 7 already cleaned up lots of windows by grouping them by default right?
Diablosblizz
Flakky wrote:
I thought Windows 7 already cleaned up lots of windows by grouping them by default right?

It does, but instead of searching for programs or adding them to my taskbar (like quick launch) the dock comes in handy.
snowboardalliance
I use Rocket Dock for cleaning up my desktop. However I also use Executor to launch applications and I'm considering switching to just executor. I don't like the "mac-ness" of Rocket Dock just because I don't want to try to copy mac, I just want all of my application shortcuts without a cluttered desktop.
Kashinilaya
The dock idea of the Mac is great. when I put my older PC to work again I'll try one of these.

Thanks for the hints.
liliansi
I use Rocketdock! It's great Very Happy