FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

swf to gif

phileplanet
Is there any way i can convert a 30fps swf file to a 30fps gif?
It always reduces the FR to 12 fps when I convert to gif.

Does anyone have a solution?
thame
You're going to need Macromedia Flash MX for that.

Luckily, it's a pretty simple process and you can download a free trial version from the Macromedia website!
phileplanet
thame wrote:
You're going to need Macromedia Flash MX for that.

Luckily, it's a pretty simple process and you can download a free trial version from the Macromedia website!

Actually i have Flash Mx it's just that when i export to a gif it converts it back to 12 fps or some slower framerate.
donj
Search Google for swf2gif or click on the link

http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q=swf2gif

One of these programs should help you out
Summer
Using Flash MX to export to .gif is always bad quality (for me) .
yjwong
and the file size is ultra large if you have lots of frames.
lituhanian
use swf2gif it is good program
phileplanet
Sorry guys but for some reason I didn't get an email telling me about the replies in this thread. I tried swf2gif and it worked really well. But when I previewed it, it was a slow framerate again. And it kept on opening it up in Fireworks after it was done. After I tried configuring it and reconfiguring it, it still wouldn't export it to 30fps.

Then I was messing around with the exported image in Fireworks and there was a button called quick export or something. I tried exporting to Flash, Freehand and even Photoshop and it didn't work. Then, I clicked export to browser and guess what happened? It worked!

I think Windows Picture And Fax Viewer was not capable of playing it at 30fps. The same goes for Internet Explorer. Luckily, my default browser was Firefox and it played the animation in it's wonderful 30fps compatible glory. And after that I tried exporting it again from Flash MX and it still works the same way.

So let that be a lesson to everyone. When testing a 30fps gif animation, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS use Firefox.

Thank you, and good night!