FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

xBox 360 media sharing?

Diablosblizz
Alright, I just spent more than an hour over the phone with somebody that told me to change so many settings, when all I had to do was figure out how to get the xBox to see my PC. So I am turning from support from all of you that probably own xBoxs.

LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT: I am ABLE to connect to Media Center perfectly fine. I am, however, unable to connect to "Music Libary" under the 360 dashboard. Please note, there is NOTHING wrong with my router nor my connection (it works fine on any other computer in the house).

What I think the problem is that the computer is ABLE to see the 360, although the 360 cannot see the computer.

I have NO firewalls running. I have heard that VMWare networks mess up my connection, so I removed that and nothing changed!!! I have enabled all services I know of, and sharing is enabled for my xBox.

Does anybody have any ideas?! Thanks.
Agent ME
You can connect to Media Center from your 360, but the Music library part doesn't work?

[from memory]
The Media Center and Media sharing parts are separate, and it sounds like you only have your xbox seeing your computer through the media center link.
The 360 can form a link to a media center computer (windows xp media center ed. or vista), and a separate link to a media sharing program (Windows Media Player 11 - and previously Windows Media Connect, but this is no longer recommended).
Sounds like you need to set up on your computer to have WMP11 share you media. Start it up, right-click on your library, and pick 'Sharing Options...'. There you can set it up to share to your xbox.
Diablosblizz
I have fixed it by upgrading my DRM service, thank god it worked. Smile Thanks for your idea Agent, but I had already tried that. Thank you for being the only one that responded.
Zombie
Getting media sharing to work on your 360 can be difficult and annoying, but once you have it set up, it's an incredibly useful tool.

Glad you got it working, enjoy!
gcaughill
Agent ME wrote:
You can connect to Media Center from your 360, but the Music library part doesn't work?

[from memory]
The Media Center and Media sharing parts are separate, and it sounds like you only have your xbox seeing your computer through the media center link.
The 360 can form a link to a media center computer (windows xp media center ed. or vista), and a separate link to a media sharing program (Windows Media Player 11 - and previously Windows Media Connect, but this is no longer recommended).
Sounds like you need to set up on your computer to have WMP11 share you media. Start it up, right-click on your library, and pick 'Sharing Options...'. There you can set it up to share to your xbox.

Thanks for this, I am emailing home to use later!!