FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Web Development Jobs

BillysProgrammer
Well, I have been doing a lot of web developing for my site, and my fathers company site, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any web development/design programs or jobs that were in Ontario Canada. I have seen a few, but maybe you know of more.
traxion
BillysProgrammer wrote:
Well, I have been doing a lot of web developing for my site, and my fathers company site, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any web development/design programs or jobs that were in Ontario Canada. I have seen a few, but maybe you know of more.

uhm.. local jops i dont now, because im not from there

im from holland (dutch) and i get sometimes some jobs off the internet. there are alot of ways to get jobs.. try ebay or somethink like that

or folder / call all companys in the nabour and ask if they need a new website. make sure you have a nice porfolio

good luck with it
BillysProgrammer
Alright thanks, so far from my portfolio on my coder profile seemed to get a few jobs for me (I didnt accept, but they wanted me) so I guess that helped.

Ill look into it more, thanks
deanhills
BillysProgrammer wrote:
Best way would be to do local networking. Use your father's company site, to find others that are closely related in business and by word of mouth. You can ask your father's accountant and lawyer, as well as investment advisor to do a good word on your behalf as they have many clients who may have synergies with your father's business.

Another idea could be to check up on the Website from your neighbourhood, and see whether you could make improvements to them, and then once you have ideas of how to improve, make proposals to those companies.
snedan
firstly, make yourself nice portfolio, followed up by resume and start applying on work search websites. With web designer jobs, skills that you posses and portfolio are two main thing that count. Of course experience as well Smile
here's few websites you should check out:

- workopolis.com
- monster.ca
- jobsearch.ca
- wowjobs.ca
wahyder
BillysProgrammer wrote:

you can find more on google
wadja-host
hi there well getting a job aint easy no more

well i knw a frim in ontario looking for php programmer and they pay good send me message and i send u details
supernova1987a
with this economy, its hard to find a job. the world is going crazy. invest such a great amount of time and money and effort and not find a job??
if you know how to design webs, make your own websites or blogs and put ads like google adsense or sell ad space to companies. or find some small business who would like to build a website or advertise their business. even in this economy there;s always a chance.
airh3ad
Well better to put some ads and contact your friends maybe some free lancer people available on that web design.
supernova1987a
you better go to a college and get a degree on web development in 2 yr or 4 yr and find a career advisor in the college, do internship during college and get a job.
career advisor has much knowledge and resourses to find your job. Wink
iyepes
Yes, training is important when you want to apply for a job, most companies relay more on titles than experience, but it could vary.

See if there are on.line job announcers in your area, it will allow you to know what they ask for and how much they pay.
supernova1987a
iyepes wrote:
Yes, training is important when you want to apply for a job, most companies relay more on titles than experience, but it could vary.

See if there are on.line job announcers in your area, it will allow you to know what they ask for and how much they pay.

are u a girl?
jwellsy
Do you have an equiviant of a local Chamber of Commerce? Contact them and get on their email list. You will recieve notices of all kinds of local business networking opportunities. Be sure to have some nice business cards to hand out.
jinsdhie
try to find in google