FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Worst case scenario...

Jinx
Ok, we've all heard the bad news about the economy lately, and everyone has their theories. I don't know what will happen, and I prefer to be hopeful. I don't really think it will come to this, but...

If the world economy collapses completely and governments descend into chaos, people are starving, homeless, desperate, basically the worst case scenario...
What are your plans for survival? Have you thought about it? Have you put money aside? Food? Guns and Ammo? Do you have a plan at all?

I don't actually think that this will happen, but I'm curious to see how many people have given a little thought to the "what ifs" and what sort of preparations have been made.
deanhills
Well Jinx, you've at least made me think about it. I am totally unprepared. I am probably the most unprepared person in the world for this "what if" disaster kind of scenarios. My arrangements are usually for a month, and I do carry supplies, i.e. am never without bottled drinking water, soap, toothpaste etc. I buy those things in bulk, but am really bad with food.

I am a Canadian expat in the Middle East right now, so probably will get a ticket to the cheapest place in the world from a cost of living point of view, NOT North America. A country where the currency is more or less stable as well. But good idea, I should be thinking about it and be better prepared.
speeDemon
well if i'm homeless, starving, with few clothes, no where to go, with no present and an unstable and maybe unfortunate future... I guess i'll just take a coke and chill a bit!!
andredesignz
Well I don't really want this to some this to sound anyway but I don’t see where the economy is affecting me in anyway, but I guess it was and am not seeing it “I guess”
But I must say I am totally unprepared for anything worst at all. I do hope and pray that
Something will happen to change this economy falling.
To be honesty I think its going to get really worst cause am listening to the news and am
not hearing or seeing anything being done to fix this crop.
And guess what is can be fixed. But I wonder what I would do if it gets worst hmmm, you what I think am gonna get prepare before its too late.
Fatality
I have actually thought about this quite a bit. I'm not the type to store up all kinda of food and prepare for the worse, but I have a plan for if something this did happen.
PatTheGreat42
I plan to go down fighting. Mostly for the fun of it.
carlospro7
I haven't thought about the economy much. I guess I don't care much because I don't own much. I don't think I'll be saving up in case it gets that bad.
fx-trading-education
In such a case money will be useless.
As I have my own home and some land I could at least have a place to live and a place to make some vegetables grow, and go hunting in the forest .
Back to nature!
jessicawalker
I suppose I'll just have to get a cool gun and become a cannibal, from the looks of it. I'd love to run around half-naked, rummaging and defending my turf. Fun.

No but really. When I think of any kind of economic collapse or "war on the motherland" type of scenario, I think of "Red Dawn" and get very excited.
tony
Jinx wrote:
Ok, we've all heard the bad news about the economy lately, and everyone has their theories. I don't know what will happen, and I prefer to be hopeful. I don't really think it will come to this, but...

If the world economy collapses completely and governments descend into chaos, people are starving, homeless, desperate, basically the worst case scenario...
What are your plans for survival? Have you thought about it? Have you put money aside? Food? Guns and Ammo? Do you have a plan at all?

I don't actually think that this will happen, but I'm curious to see how many people have given a little thought to the "what ifs" and what sort of preparations have been made.

Sounds like 'Children of Men'

But seriously, I dont personally think it will actually happen.
Vladalf
tony wrote:
But seriously, I dont personally think it will actually happen.

In my oppinion if things will continue on this way in some countrys were the crysis is affecting the population more millitary governments will be made, things will look like in good dystopian books. Hopefully we won't get there.
Vladk
jmlworld
Jinx wrote:

OK, Jinx. I have just a plan, good enough plan to survive...

I would move away from the urban area, I'd collect enough clothes, blankets, jackets, some kitchen wares, a tent and and some other necessary stuffs, then I'd go to a rural place where the sea is nearby and goats could get some water and grass to keep living.

Then, I would wake up early morning everyday, go fishing, then getting back in the noon, then start cooking the fish and drinking a fresh milk from the goats.

I think that would be a life even better than that in the urban... Razz
Nameless
I really don't believe things will go as badly as described by the OP (I have my own plausible doomsday scenarios, but that's off topic, heh), but in the event that it did ... I really have no physical power or useful skills in such a world, but I don't think I'm the kind of person who would die for anything, so I'd probably end up as a slave / grunt worker to the more distant power group I could find.
standready
I'm not ready! Got to load my guns and prepare to defend what little I have.
mattyj
I own 2 houses, each on a few acres of land, so i could grow veggies pretty easy, i also live very close to 3 or 4 rivers (all easy walking distance) so fishing and fresh water are available
_AVG_
To come to think of it, I'm not prepared at all either. Surprised

Let's just hope that this recession has a trough close by ... once it is reached, things will start looking up! Smile
Solon_Poledourus
dhruvaditya wrote:
banged my girl

Random... random as hell. But I think I'd definately have to "banged" your--- erm--- my girl too.
As I said on another thread; I'd head to Machu Picchu with weapons and supplies and start a nice little mountain community. Of course, that means I'd have to fight my way from Florida to South America, which would be fun too. Dang... I gotta find that short story I wrote about this very subject. I'm sure it needs revising, but it's essebtially my plan for a bleak future based on the idea of an economic collapse. The country is under Martial Law and things just go chaotic... it's not exactly Heinlein, but I think it's a pretty decent story.
Anyway, that's my plan.
urtrivedi
If recession is going to hit everything, then I will rellocate to my village and start cultivation on our lands, and earn my bread.
That is the only alternative left for others also, now reverse migration from metro to village will start and save us in the worst scenario.