FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what is "mydatabasename"?

distantship
sorry, I just posted this to 'frihost' support, i should've put my questions here!! sorry!!!

I'm trying really hard to install wordpress blog by myself, however, there are some problems I ran into:

1. I don't know how to config in wp-config.php column " define('DB_NAME', 'MyDatabaseName')" because i don't know what is firhost databasename, can anyone help?

2. I suppose other column such as define my user name is my frihost user name? and password the same case?

3. Also, when I trid to upload the all wordpress folder through FTP software, I've mistakenly uploaded all the files to my ftp root "public" folder and overwritten all the files already inside, then i found out I should upload to my html root "public" folder, how could i restore the files i've overwritten by mistake?

if anyone could help me as soon as possible i would be deeply thankful!! Pls help!

Cheers,
Distantship
distantship
I was trying to figure it out myself and i finally did!

the name of the server, username and passward depend on how i create it! and I sucessfully did, thanks to the very user-friendly direct panel or frihost Smile

However, the files in my ftp i overwritten I haven't got a clue how to restore them? any suggestions?
cr3ativ3
distantship wrote:

I was trying to figure it out myself and i finally did!

the name of the server, username and passward depend on how i create it! and I sucessfully did, thanks to the very user-friendly direct panel or frihost Smile

Great work, its sometimes difficult or even alien setting up databases and configuring software to use them, for people giving one of their first shots at it!

I'm glad you have the knowledge to do this now, it will pay off in the future! I guarantee it!

distantship wrote:

However, the files in my ftp i overwritten I haven't got a clue how to restore them? any suggestions?

If you dont have a full backup of your site made (you would have had to do this manually at one point), then you'll have to hope that Bondings has/will restore the files from his backups. (Very Doubtful).