FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I DO NOT LIKE THIS NEW FORMAT

evilryu530
this new format, is weird, it doesnt make it any cleaner. it makes it messier, and it messes the flow. the old way reads much easier, when people read forums, it's not like a book ( read left to right). people read forums top to bottom..
coreymanshack
I read left to right, I'm not sure what language you speak Very Happy. Guess it's just a little to bad that you dont like the forums. Pretty sure they are staying the way they are.
truespeed
I didn't like it at first,but you get used to it very quickly,and considering how many categories there are,i can see the benefits of it.

Plus.most people only view a forum by going to "view latest posts" ,so they rarely see the index page anyway.
Ghost Rider103
Like anything else that changes, it is going to take a little bit of time to get used to. I personally like it.

I actually do not look at the latest new post or whatever it is called. I only go into the forums that I'd like to visit, and then see what is new, or maybe even something that doesn't have a new post but still could be replied to.
SpellcasterDX
I'm neutral about it. I'm not a big fan of it, but I also don't hate it.

You get used to it eventually.
Joanne
I'm new around....

What new format are we talking about here again please?

Laughing Laughing Laughing
deanhills
I find that if I click certain shortcuts in a certain way that I get exactly what there was before. I actually like the layout as the first page is a summary one for me. If I click on the title of the Forum, i.e. Lifestyle, then it gives me the old layout with the topics and last posters. It took a while, but I have it figured out for myself.

Only thing I would like however, since we seem to go through periodic freezing of the database, that if I get logged out, or kicked out, if when I return I could return to my last screen. But I guess that would probably be almost impossible to secure. Why I ask is of course that would reduce the number of steps and increase my chances for a successful posting before I am kicked out again.
SpellcasterDX
Joanne wrote:
I'm new around....

The layout of the forums/categories. It used to go down the page in a really long list that caused the page to be so long, you needed to scroll. Now it's all horizontal and a little odd.
Parkour_Jarrod
It should be an option in personal settings to have old format or new format...
shkhanal
I'm sorry but I did not understand anything here!
deanhills
SpellcasterDX wrote:
Joanne wrote:
I'm new around....

The layout of the forums/categories. It used to go down the page in a really long list that caused the page to be so long, you needed to scroll. Now it's all horizontal and a little odd.

Depending where you want to be, try this: click on the heading of the forum that you would like to visit, i.e. Lifestyle and News, click on Lifestyle and News link, and it will revert back to the style you have been used to before.
LostOverThere
I personally like the new style. The old generic forum layout was getting far to messy and it just became ridiculous to use. Plus the new style is far more neater, and might I say, sexy.
deanhills
LostOverThere wrote:
and might I say, sexy.
You've gotta be lost over there ..... Laughing Laughing Laughing
tony
evilryu530 wrote:
this new format, is weird, it doesnt make it any cleaner. it makes it messier, and it messes the flow. the old way reads much easier, when people read forums, it's not like a book ( read left to right). people read forums top to bottom..

I'm confused.. what is the format referring to exactly?
coreymanshack
tony wrote:
evilryu530 wrote:

I'm confused.. what is the format referring to exactly?

The way the forums are presented on the main forums page. They used to be one per line, now there is more than one per line.
ocalhoun
evilryu530 wrote:

[Poll] Modify the columned layout
Diablosblizz
What there was a new layout? Oh right, totally forgot about the old layout, I like this one much better, less scrolling.
truespeed
Maybe Bondings could upload the skin again with the old index page,so that there is two themes to choose from, (well its the same theme,just different index pages) so that people can then choose which index page they want. (im not sure if that made sense)
Donutey
Not a huge fan of the new format, it doesn't work well in 16:10 aspect ratio.
[FuN]goku
truespeed wrote:
I didn't like it at first,but you get used to it very quickly,and considering how many categories there are,i can see the benefits of it
I kinda know what you mean. Honestly I still dont like it as much as I do the old layout. But I don't really mind it either.