FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help! Bandwidth depleted with apache, in a few hours!

Marte
Hi, I got the following message from DirectAdmin:

Quote:
User has used up 82.2% of his/her bandwidth and 1.96% of his/her allocated disk space

This is an automated message notifying User marte that 82.2% of his/her bandwidth and 1.96% of his/her allocated disk space has been used up.

It is estimated, at the current rate of use, that the account bandwidth will be used up in...

I checked and apparently apache takes in March 1st the whopping amount of 6.22 GB! So I go to webalizer, logs and google analytics to see what happening (DDoS, script malfunctions, etc.).

I checked against those analysis tools and I found a very normal behavior compared with other days, so there is no reason to have something eating the Bandwidth.

In the past months, my site never surpassed the 10% of the resources neither of the Bandwidth. Something happen'd in March 1st, that make that apache depleted almost the 10 GB of BW.

Please help me! I also reckecked the scripts, disabled some modules and repaired and optimize my databases, but the apache still is overheading the bandwidth.

Bondings, sysadmins, help, help, help!!!!!!! Crying or Very sad
Bondings
I reset your bandwidth. However, it seems that your website indeed does take a lot of bandwidth. I think it is the lasnoticias.uni.cc domain, it seems like that one is taking between 300 and 700MB of bandwidth per day.
Marte
Thanks, Bondings!

Since yesterday I unload all the modules in the domain in order to keep running the site with the minimum of the overhead, meanwhile I don't find the cause that make apache eats almost whole bandwidth, I keep the site in frih with the minimum of modules working.

Thanks, thanks!!! Very Happy
cr3ativ3
Marte wrote:
meanwhile I don't find the cause that make apache eats almost whole bandwidth, I keep the site in frih with the minimum of modules working.

Your site from visiting it myself, took quite awhile to load...5-10 seconds, it also says I need to install real player plugin...which if my memory serves me correctly, means your playing some sorta multi-media (music,video,etc...) right on your front page.

That may be the the root cause of your bandwidth loss. Let me know if my information helped in anyway.

NOTE: You may not even be playing the media...but if its being loaded, or embedded in anyway then its using your b/w