FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Fire alarms

CosmicDisturbance
Am I the only one here that has an interest in fire alarms? I like them when I know they're happening, but not when I don't.

I have my own fire alarm control panel too. I'll post a picture of it sometime.
hofodomo01
I'm assuming this is for your home? At least you have emergency smoke/fire situations under control Smile

Speaking of which, the fire alarm in the building that I live in (I live in a college dorm) went off today because of a natural gas leak. Everyone was kicked out for a couple hours in the pouring rain. I'm glad that Chicago was unusually warm this time of year...
SpellcasterDX
A little off-topic, but: my mom's sidekick 08's alarm sounds like a smoke detector alarm. It's horrible. And annoying. I wish we could figure out if and how you can change it.

On topic: our apartment has a smoke detector. good enough right?
Jamatu
I'm the Fire Marshall for the company I work for so I have to take an interest in the fire alarm system we use! I really just do daily checks to ensure it's working, half yearly services are undertaken by the company who maintain it.
Arnie
Daily checks you say? Wow, that's good.
ProfessorY91
That is an uncommon interest by the way. In any case, I share it. I like fiddling with alarm systems, security programs, and pretty much anything that makes a loud noise or flashes an annoying message when someone does something they shouldn't. Its fun Laughing !
Crazy_Canuck
Have you ever been in a hotel when the fire alarm has gone off? It is one of the last things I ever expected, I guess. I never really paid any attention to the fire escape plan in new places until that day. Luckily, it was a false alarm. And I do try to look now for the nearest escape route, in the event there is really a fire.
Zombie
That's neat how you have your own fire alarm control panel. I just have an old fashioned ceiling battery operated alarm...