FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what do you think about China and Chinese people?

tosnia
Recent years, China's economic development is very fast. In the world has become increasingly influential. How do you watch the powerful Chinese? Do you like China?
ThePolemistis
tosnia wrote:
Recent years, China's economic development is very fast. In the world has become increasingly influential. How do you watch the powerful Chinese? Do you like China?

China is great. The next superpower... Great stuff!!!

Probably the least oppresive (from history) from the permanent members of the security council.
redslazers
ThePolemistis wrote:

Probably the least oppresive (from history) from the permanent members of the security council.

I agree they should kick all the oppressive ones of the permanent position and put small neutral countries such a Sweden and Switzerland to make world decisions!
tingkagol
I've always admired how they seem to always keep to themselves, unlike other countries I know of...
deanhills
redslazers wrote:
I agree they should kick all the oppressive ones of the permanent position and put small neutral countries such a Sweden and Switzerland to make world decisions!
I used to think the same about Switzerland, until I visited. Zurich is a fantastic place, very expensive, but I definitely would like to go back as its shops have all the latest in fashions as well as highest standards and quality. But the people are getting much older there, and the youth seem to be frustrated. It took some while to get used to all the shops closing at 5:00 p.m. and only restaurants being open. Even the public transport sort of dies out soon after 5:00 p.m. and that was in a big city like Zurich. For places to make world decisions I still think New York, London, Paris, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Stockholm, those kind of places are the best places.

China is obviously very much a growing place, with Shanghai being one of its top cities, but it is not as open in terms of freedom of movement than the rest of the world. Think China is great to visit, and maybe to stay for a year or so if you can find a job so that you can really get to know it better, but I would be careful to make it a place where world decisions are made.
bmcbryan
tosnia wrote:

I visited China last year and really liked it. The people are very friendly, and there seems to be almost no crime. Unlike Western cities, it seems to be possible to walk safely in any part of the huge Chinese cities such as Beijing & Shanghai.

There is a great sense of optimism in China currently - everyone seems to doing well and happy with the progress - at least that is the perception. I am sure there are areas of the country where it is not so good - but most countries have these.

I would recommend anyone to consider a holiday in China.
Cliffer
i think in any country,there are good people and bad people,and most of are good and bad people.

i'm one of chinese people,what do you think about me?
Baka_Desu
I reckon China is good to watch, its history is vast and also there are a lot of interesting people. But i agree with Cliffer, there are good people and bad people in this world and in China i know there are both.
Bielhelm
China will be the one overwhelming the world. They buy every watercraft station
around and what they can get, because they want to control the world. Water is the
best way to control the people in the 21st century.

The triads and the government in China is handshaking and they are learning well
from each other. The chinese even learned from the hongkong-people how to establish
a economical capitalism system.

Like in every dictature and dictated system the people are
manipulated - if they tell the truth they we be are punished.

If you can live with those little problems, get over to work in China and do the
chinese upperclass a favour by giving them what they need to let the world
obey...

Everyone who is running out of china whithout coming back there is another good
chinese. I am just feeling sympathy whith the poor ones in China.
PureReborn
I love China! Since I'm Chinese, although I'm pretty white washed having grown up in Canada for most of my life.

While China is growing quickly and the big cities change a lot in a decade (can barely recognize my old neighborhood when I went back to visit), the small rural areas are still stuck in the 70s. Its not really like North America where the small towns are nice and clean and the people there are educated. In China the small towns are still mostly farmers who have no education and hasn't really been affect by any of the changes that occurred in the major cities.

China will certainly become more important as time goes on but the government really needs to focus on bridging the social divide.
Xanify
Another overseas partially-whitewashed Chinese here - never went to China at all until I spent three months in Beijing last year studying Mandarin. I thought it was lovely though. Very Happy

Impressions ... The people are quiet but really nice if you can get them to open up. There's no violent crime to speak of (you'll still get cheated by vendors claiming such-and-such is Real Silk or something, if you haven't figured out the system, but it's more like tourist tax than a crime really). I also really admired their work ethic - I met Chinese students at the university who worked so much harder than I could ever imagine doing, and seemed to think nothing of it.

Yes, it's different when you leave the big cities. I visited some of the more impoverished areas and circumstances are really quite pitiful. There's a lot of unfairness there. But then again, 20-30 years ago Beijing's streets were filled with just bicycles and now there are 4-lane highways everywhere. They'll get there... give them time.
Flakky
Chinese people are very nice and polite. Sometimes too polite but that is ok. For example there is a man in a bus who occupies two seats, one for himself and the other one for his bag. Everyone will ask the man to remove the bag except for the Chinese. And they are always smiling, which is a miracle. I want some Chinese flavour too.
guggs
Not as nice as Tring or people from Tring. Tring is awesome.
rorise
It is hard to call China great only with economic development, It's not enough. China just make cheap products.
gandalfthegrey
Chinese people are generally kind, giving and respectful of others.