FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

LEED certification

killianvillian
Does anyone here have LEED certification experience and would you be willing to offer some advice?

Im living abroad in Hungary, and my office is working on one of the only two registered projects for LEED certification in the country.

Im not really involved in this project, but I would like to get my certification, and now Im seeing this as a really big opportunity because the program is not very big here.

I would like some tips about studying for the LEED accredidation test.

ALSO, if you are interested in architectural topics, I offered a suggestion in the SUGGESTIONS forum : http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-103983.html .

It needs a showing of interest to become a topic, so please show it if you think you would contribute or benefit.
coolclay
Hey man, yea I have some LEED experience. I am not accredited myself but I have worked on several building projects that have been certified and have some friends who are accredited. From what I hear it's not super difficult to get your certification. It's just expensive and time consuming. Just get all the books that are out their read them all take notes. Um find some buildings that are trying to be certified, go check them out, maybe even ask if you can apprentice with someone that is accredited because there is nothing like real hands on experience. The most difficult things are just knowing the processes, and paperwork. Obviously you have to be adept at regular construction and architecture before you should even consider moving into LEED accreditation.

There are lots of places you can take the tests online and get more info. Here is a good one for example.

http://www.gbci.org/DisplayPage.aspx?CMSPageID=26