FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Profile - Please read up

Joanne
No, this aint he first time I joined a forum, but this is the first time I find it not easy to edit my personal profile here.
(Yes for the picture, signature, etc.)

Which one do I need to click?

Thanks
Bondings
http://www.frihost.com/account/edit_user_description.php if you want to edit the user description on your Account page.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/profile.php?mode=editprofile for your normal profile settings.
Joanne
I somehow don't feel stupid anymore. Embarassed
Thanks a heap sir!
Bondings
I know I need to make those kind of things a lot easier to see and find.
Joanne
I'd give a huge "yes" to that sir Wink
Apparently there was also a good soul here who pointed me to the right direction after you.

The top most part, left side that says "Welcome Joanne!"...
Under the stuff that says "Hosted" is where you'd find "Profile".

Meep Meep.

Embarassed Rolling Eyes Embarassed
Bondings
Joanne wrote:
Apparently there was also a good soul here who pointed me to the right direction after you.

Meep Meep.

I should make it at least "Edit Profile" and in big letters, at least. And of course it should be linked/integrated with the Account page. It's really bad usability currently, my bad. I'll fix it when I find some time.
Joanne
Thanks for that sir ^_^v

Very Happy
Ghost Rider103
Bondings wrote:
Joanne wrote:

Meep Meep.

I should make it at least "Edit Profile" and in big letters, at least. And of course it should be linked/integrated with the Account page. It's really bad usability currently, my bad. I'll fix it when I find some time.

I agree, you need to make it more easier to find. I have been a member here for quite some time. A few months ago when I was going to edit my profile, I remember having troubles finding that link as well.
Joanne
So I was not alone with this kinda misery huh?

Now I really don't feel stupid.

Lol.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
AftershockVibe
Hmmm. Is there a new policy of referring to Bondings as "Sir" or else we lose our hosting? Wink
Just wondering cos, you know, I thought he preferred to be addressed as "Grand Poobah".

Back on topic... when I first joined I found the interface confusing - not because it's not obvious (it is most of the time) but because of some sort of "PHPBB" blindness. Frihost's customisations make it subtly different which is confusing if you're used to using plain PHPBB all the time.
Bondings
AftershockVibe wrote:
Back on topic... when I first joined I found the interface confusing - not because it's not obvious (it is most of the time) but because of some sort of "PHPBB" blindness. Frihost's customisations make it subtly different which is confusing if you're used to using plain PHPBB all the time.

Not conforming to standards can also be a sign of bad usability.