FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Watchmen - What did you think? [SPOILER ALERT]

Diablosblizz
I was able to see Watchmen last night thanks to a movie screening at my work (a movie theatre if you couldn't guess) and it was extremely long. It had an interesting story line, although I wasn't quite following it. I did get that Rorschach was writing on how everything went, but it still didn't make any sense. Maybe because it was 3 AM and I was dead tired, but something about being transported to Mars naked seems odd. I also liked how Rorschach's mask had animated blobs, that was quite interesting, and how each of the "blobs" had a image of his past (which was shown when he was sent to prison)

Perhaps there was something behind that in which I did miss, but like I said it was 3 AM. What did you think of the movie, if you were able to see it?
Nameless
That was simultaneously the worst and best review of Watchmen I have read. Well done! Laughing
amperx
imo, it started out well really good visuals and plot progressing, although its quite confusing at first especially if you havn't read it.
Diablosblizz
Nameless wrote:
That was simultaneously the worst and best review of Watchmen I have read. Well done! Laughing

Why thank you. Smile I agree amperx, I wish I read the story before I saw the movie but I didn't have enough time.
deanhills
For those interested, there is a good discussion in the Religious Forum on the theme of the movie:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-103630.html#869131
Zaini711
Visually, the movie is very stimulating. Even though it can get confuse, but that's the price to pay for stay true to the original materials. It is brilliant for the fan and non fan alike to fully understand what Watchmen is. But at the same time, even though, the movie is good and interesting, it is a very boring and tedious movie for a movie fan who just want to look for 2 hours entertainment.

Watchmen remind me of another movie, Speed racer... brilliant and visually marvelous but still a boring movie...
redslazers
Ya, i agree with most people, the movie was well made but very confusing the first time round. if you go and watch it a second time it becomes a lot clearer but still confusing
Denvis
I thought the movie was predictable. I liked the ending though.
Diablosblizz
The ending was a bit odd too, but I can't really remember how it goes. I think they just all leave, end. Razz
lethaltriad
I was disappointed with this movie, heard alot about it and it started off really promising. Nice graphics, nice character buildup and all but it got long and a lil boring, almost fell asleep midway and the ending just ruined it for me.
Denvis
I enjoyed it, my butt didn't. It wasn't a typical super hero movie you would expect. Dr. Manhattan was sort of distirbing, all i can say.
guissmo
<spoiler>
Rorschach was writing the journal to send it in to everyone.
</spoiler>

Anyway, I thank Past Me for reading it before watching the movie. It helps a lot. Reading it from the book was a little confusing (since I needed to chop it down to one-hour sittings because of my daily commute). The movie made it clearer for me and all. I guess people who watched the movie might be enlightened when they get their hands on the book, in the same way I did (though in reverse).