FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A decent mp3/music player?

Moshkin_Khan
Right, My old mp3 player is ridiculous i got my brother to buy me one and its one of those cheap immitation mp3 players that work ridiculously slowly and now it wont have any more music copied onto it or it'll come up with format error and stuff.

Anyway, I was thinking of getting a new mp3 player. I want something quite decent, My music library is 10 gig and i can see it getting bigger in the future but i guess I can be flexible with space.
The thing is, I cant afford to fork out the 200 odd quid for an ipod so I was wondering if there are any other decent mp3 players that get the job done and dont charge loads.
I dont really need all those other tidbits the ipod has really. Just aslong as it plays music, maybe is easy to use thats about it.

any help appreciated.

I know the ipod is dominating the market for a reason but i genuinely cant afford to spend that much.
froginabox
If the only barrier to the iPod is cost, I'd suggest looking at eBay for the "scratch and dent" models - I got my iPod this way and it was much cheaper!

If that doesn't work, I would suggest looking at the SanDisk players. A friend of mine has the Sansa "Clip" model and likes it a lot - its not as pretty as an iPod but has served him quite well. They sell it in all sorts of different sizes too.
psycosquirrel
As much as I hate to say it, Apple really is the only one doing MP3 players correctly right now.

Save the extra green and get an iPod. You won't regret it...
weableandbob
An ipod is probably the best one you can get, especially if you need 10+ gigs, but if you're willing to sacrifice some space, you could try looking at some cheaper Sansa ones, although the largest I've seen is only 8 gigs.
mgeek
The Philips MP3 player I know is just 8 gigs. The one from Sony handles 2 gigs.
Rishabhsahi
I totally agree with the person...!!!!!!!!!
ankur209
Cowon recently launched a new portable Music Player.

Another good option is Apple's I POD...!! Smile
ankur209
Cowon recently launched a new portable Music Player.

Another good option is Apple's I POD...!! Smile
chartcentral
You should also probably consider the Philips GoGear, it's a good enough MP3 player. Smile
welshsteve
If you don't want to be tied in to using iTunes and have an iPod, I would highly recommend the Sandisk SansaFuze. It can be bought on Amazon

I have the 2GB version and it's very simply to use, with good sound quality. There are various colours available as well - http://shop.sandisk.com/store/sdiskus/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/parentCategoryID.11442300/categoryID.11886600
Ankhanu
Just a heads up, guys:
This thread is from 2 years ago (2009) and was dug up by a spam bot... I don't think he's still looking for an MP3 player Wink
welshsteve
LOL I honestly hadn't noticed the date Very Happy