FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Login/Register Page

manlear
Hi, i am creating my first web-page, and i was wondering how i would create a Login/Register page in CSS? Plz and TY!
jsfdan
1. There is no Z in Please.
2. You cannot use CSS to create a Login/Register System. CSS is for styling.
3. Get a good start using PHP and MySQL. Search on Google for "wamp" and download it. Then.. go to http://rmb-scripting.com. Then head over to the tutorials section and look for "user system part 1". Have fun.
manlear
This isn't grammar.com and okay thank you
ProfessorY91
Frihosters should use proper grammar when posting. Its a courtesy to others, and a requirement on many forums.

That said, you can also use ASP or .NET protocol to create a login page. In particular I recommend the site http://w3schools.org

Good Luck.
manlear
I understand. I play WoW alot and im used to shortening my words Very Happy Any simpler way to make a login page in Php? I havent learned it yet...
Diablosblizz
Please be respectful to all other Frihost members, it's courteous like Professor said. If you don't know PHP yet, then we simply cannot help you. You need to know the basics of it to make a login page.
snowboardalliance
manlear wrote:
I understand. I play WoW alot and im used to shortening my words Very Happy Any simpler way to make a login page in Php? I havent learned it yet...

php is good to learn. Besides w3schools, I always recommend http://www.tuxradar.com/practicalphp as it is more in-depth than the short tutorial over at w3s and I learned there and I think it has everything you need to know to start.
ThePolemistis
manlear wrote:
Hi, i am creating my first web-page, and i was wondering how i would create a Login/Register page in CSS? Plz and TY!

The easiest way is through .net. You can download express editions for free from the Microsoft website. I would recommend doing it in c#. I am unsure if you can create websites on the express editions but hopefully you should be able to. Download sql server express 2008 also - as you would need to persist the logins (this is not a requirement, asp.net handles login and I think it can use a flatfile over a database).

.net has a Membership class that can be used to implement logins/Register. This can be forms authenication, windows authentication or none (which you dont want). Windows authentication is by far the easiest to imeplement, but it will only be able to be accessed on your local network. Forms authenticaton is therefore your next choice. Use the web.config file to set these.
{name here}
ThePolemistis wrote:
manlear wrote:

The easiest way is through .net. You can download express editions for free from the Microsoft website. I would recommend doing it in c#. I am unsure if you can create websites on the express editions but hopefully you should be able to. Download sql server express 2008 also - as you would need to persist the logins (this is not a requirement, asp.net handles login and I think it can use a flatfile over a database).

.net has a Membership class that can be used to implement logins/Register. This can be forms authenication, windows authentication or none (which you dont want). Windows authentication is by far the easiest to imeplement, but it will only be able to be accessed on your local network. Forms authenticaton is therefore your next choice. Use the web.config file to set these.

A website in .NET? Sure, it's possible. Slashcode runs in executables, but I'm going to assume that Frihost isn't going to allow that and its servers are running Linux.
manlear
Mmk, thank you all for the help, all these links and download-ables are not what i am looking for though. I was looking for more of actual script help. I would like to write the thing by myself and not use anyone elses website for mine. Also, i found out you cant do it in CSS... only PHP and Java, so time to learn PhP Very Happy (or at least part of it.)
David_Pardy
I'm certain pure HTML allows you to do something along those lines.

But websites have been using those little 'pop up' password dialogs for years. Google "html password dialog" or "html login page" and you might come up with something.
manlear
You can't use HTML for a login...
Pepperfan
snowboardalliance,

Thanks for the link to http://www.tuxradar.com/practicalphp. I am learning php and having more sites to study is always helpful.

Charles
David_Pardy
I know you can use it for forms and stuff...
manlear
But its not possible to use it for a login page.
rvec
moved to php forum, because you need php to make this work. Other languages might also work, but just html and css can't work.
jsfdan
The basics of this is simple really.

Google "wamp" and download the first result.
You'll have your own server on localhost.

From there, you can experiment with PHP and HTML forms.
GabrielR15
A good system you could use on your website would be the PHP-Nuke, which has the login and registration system, and a system for news, forums, user area, etc.. I recommend and that is what I use most.
rvec
GabrielR15 wrote:
A good system you could use on your website would be the PHP-Nuke, which has the login and registration system, and a system for news, forums, user area, etc.. I recommend and that is what I use most.
if you want a cms you should take a look at the best cms thread: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-54390.html

if you want to make your own login take a look at this thread:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-104559.html
Pengeszikra
I make own registration system. This is my first step to create my own MMORPG game. I now start learning the PHP, MySQL and Javascript. When i done the first version, i put link here, to try it. And discussion about how can be safe login users

My idea is easy, store password md5 coded in database, to keep secure. Logged user get a temporary id when logged in, to protect system for hacking.
vong
Pengeszikra wrote:
I make own registration system. This is my first step to create my own MMORPG game. I now start learning the PHP, MySQL and Javascript. When i done the first version, i put link here, to try it. And discussion about how can be safe login users

My idea is easy, store password md5 coded in database, to keep secure. Logged user get a temporary id when logged in, to protect system for hacking.

Dont forget AJAX to that list!

when logged in provide a cookie (with a hash of the password, username, id) that is required for accessing any of the sites content.
snowboardalliance
Pepperfan wrote:
snowboardalliance,

Thanks for the link to http://www.tuxradar.com/practicalphp. I am learning php and having more sites to study is always helpful.

Charles

Yeah it's a newer edition of what I used to learn. Ahh, back in the days when I didn't even know what OOP was...

I think it's a great (online) book for newbies. I go back to it for reference at times (although php.net is the best reference)
Pengeszikra
Thanks @vong ,
Off course AJAX is missing from list. And actually run successful my first AJAX test.
riccopt
rvec wrote:
moved to php forum, because you need php to make this work. Other languages might also work, but just html and css can't work.

not true... he can use a SERVER SITE LANGUAGE (PERL, ASP, PHP) form and then use a htaccess and a htpsswd file and make the simplies login form (making a protected directory (like most "adult" site have)
or simply add your email on the site... and the members will need to email you the info so that you can add it on the htpsswd file
rvec
riccopt wrote:
rvec wrote:

not true... he can use a SERVER SITE LANGUAGE (PERL, ASP, PHP) form and then use a htaccess and a htpsswd file and make the simplies login form (making a protected directory (like most "adult" site have)
or simply add your email on the site... and the members will need to email you the info so that you can add it on the htpsswd file
you can't make a form in php.

And yeah you can use .htaccess, but he wants a Login/Register page.