FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

help me with results of google search

which web browser you use?
mozilla firefox (for plugins!)
87%
 87%  [ 7 ]
internet explorer (coz im too lazy to download mozilla)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
opera (?)
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
chrome (i like nu age softwares)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
safari (i like slow speeds)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
netscape navigator (belong to the old school)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

daefommicc
i use google search regularly (who doesnt???) however i want to delete some of the sites permanently appearing from my results...

eg. i dont want results from amazon.com coz im not goin to buy neting 4m amazon ne time soon) or maybe wikipedia... (ill search wikipedia itself if i need help) or maybe any other site wich claims to be "free" and comes on the top of the google search results just bcoz it has paid google to be there.

is there any solution to stop certain sites 4m appearing in my search results? i use mozilla firefox (greasemonkey scripts may help) or i can download any other browser if it can help. also u can specify the search engines wich would not bug me wid results im never gonna click on.
truespeed
I think you can remove sites from google search if you have a google account. Just sign up for a googlemail account,and when logged in,it gives you the option of removing certain sites from the search listings.

Why the browser poll? It has no relevance to your comment.
GB
I know if you have a google account, it will display little promote and remove buttons next to each search result. Don't know how much it effects, but is probably a good place to start.
gcaughill
truespeed wrote:
I think you can remove sites from google search if you have a google account. Just sign up for a googlemail account,and when logged in,it gives you the option of removing certain sites from the search listings.

Why the browser poll? It has no relevance to your comment.

Correct. Although I am personally too lazy to use this feature. Plus doing SEO work for clients, I like to see what Google considers the 'best results' for a particular search phrase.