FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

if you are an Artworker, Graphic Designer or Art Director

ciureanuc
I'm working a booklet came from France: I have to change some texts.
I'm wondering: why the French have done ALL the pictures in eps format??, Even there is no vector in the area (not even a path!)
I founded some 86Mb eps images and when I saved them with LZW tiff, they reached 29Mb. The story is even more ugly as the "Collect" of pictures have almost 2 gigs! After several re-saving in TIFF LZW, I reduced the size of that folder at 577Mb.
So, am I missing something here? Why EPS files and not TIFF?

However, the manner of their work was... When you are doing an A4 format, why are you using pictures... sometimes with 80cm on a side?
with 4 pictures you can fill a CD, the entire booklet can fill a DVD. People do not understand: if you have material A4, make pictures no more than A4 size - you gain time when it's about to do pdf's, production will not cursing, you'll work with easier with the files...
AftershockVibe
TIFF would do the same job. EPS is probably used for backward compatibility reasons.
In a similar way to PostScript and PDF, it's known to be reproducible almost exactly across platforms.

Also, the guys who did it were probably using Mac software where PS and EPS were the defaults.
Cool
riyadh
ciureanuc wrote:
I'm working a booklet came from France: I have to change some texts.
I'm wondering: why the French have done ALL the pictures in eps format??, Even there is no vector in the area (not even a path!)
I founded some 86Mb eps images and when I saved them with LZW tiff, they reached 29Mb. The story is even more ugly as the "Collect" of pictures have almost 2 gigs! After several re-saving in TIFF LZW, I reduced the size of that folder at 577Mb.
So, am I missing something here? Why EPS files and not TIFF?

However, the manner of their work was... When you are doing an A4 format, why are you using pictures... sometimes with 80cm on a side?
with 4 pictures you can fill a CD, the entire booklet can fill a DVD. People do not understand: if you have material A4, make pictures no more than A4 size - you gain time when it's about to do pdf's, production will not cursing, you'll work with easier with the files...

using EPS makes life easier for the original artists since other people cn work from what they did.yes eps files are bigger in size bt graphics work demands quality over quantity in my opinion.people wouldn't have taken pictures for ads in .RAW format rather than .JPG if it wasn't so.

P.S learn to write better english first
TrueFact
Modified for repetition. TrueFact
TrueFact
Well, yes some working conditions may have been applied and forced using EPS file format.
I have the same issue when working with AutoCAD. I need to export my files to another 3D application and Maya is well known for problems importing DWG files. The result is, I have to export them into DXF or EPS files then converting them into polygons and then saving files into .ma or .mb file formats which are the default file formats for Maya. (.mb stands for Maya Binary and ma for Maya ASCII).

Anyways, in this process, EPS files usually cause problems into the mesh created in AutoCAD. Sometimes I get the whole mesh in curves not polygons as it should be. Other issues happen as well and they seem to be random so far. I tried buying Deep Exploration, CAD Edition but unfortunately it was a waste of my budget. Most of the time the same problems happen.

I had these problems since Maya 4.5 and they still a major problem in Maya 2009. As a matter of fact, I considered switching to 3D Studio Max as it is more supported in AutoCAD but I don't have the time to learn the new GUI and how it works.

Sorry that I drifted from the EPS files into this, but I couldn't help it Smile

Any suggestions will be welcome.
aningbo
whats the size for?

quality matters a lot when u r dealing with graphic works.