FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Some nice quotes on love...





peaceupnorth
Some nice quotes on love... feel free to contribute your own!

Love knows service and sacrifice.

Love beautifies everything.

Love knows no burdens.

Love knows giving, not taking.

Of all of the qualifications love is the most important, for if it is strong enough in a man it forces him to acquire all the rest, and all the rest without it would not be sufficient.
Bluedoll
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

by Alfred Tennyson

______________________________________________________

When we see what is being offered is our best, there is love. Love accomplishes everything.
______________________________________________________

Without love you are nothing! Without you believing in love, I am nothing. Indeed, for we mirror each other.

by Bluedoll
sana618
the movie Captain Corelli's Mandolin:

"Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are.

Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two.
peaceupnorth
I think it was Aristotle who wrote:

"Love is comprised of one soul inhabiting two bodies."

That's a pretty meaningful quote for me...
gtoroap
What a beatifuls quotes. I wish I could write quotations as beatiful as this. But I dont write very well, so It's impossible to me. So, I could use this quotes to impress my girlfriend. Bye.
peaceupnorth
gtoroap wrote:
What a beatifuls quotes. I wish I could write quotations as beatiful as this. But I dont write very well, so It's impossible to me. So, I could use this quotes to impress my girlfriend. Bye.

You know, probably the best way to impress your girlfriend is to put these quotes into practice. These are all words we might have heard before, but how many people practise this sort of love truly? It's difficult, I often have a hard time forgiving my loved one's faults, when they do something that bothers me. But yea,
"Love knows service and sacrifice"
peaceupnorth
A nice song, that talks about this subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRcn2YXaHoo

There was a boy
A very strange enchanted boy
They say he wandered very far, very far
Over land and sea
A little shy
And sad of eye
But very wise
Was he

And then one day
A magic day he passed my way
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me

"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"
mk12327
peaceupnorth wrote:
You know, probably the best way to impress your girlfriend is to put these quotes into practice. These are all words we might have heard before, but how many people practise this sort of love truly?


How true. Saying sweet and loving things to your loved ones doesn't mean anything till you show that you could put it to action. Only when they are achievable can they truly be meaningful.
bapmedclinic
This poem is called "Love's Philosophy"

THE FOUNTAINS mingle with the river
And the rivers with the ocean,
The winds of heaven mix for ever
With a sweet emotion;
Nothing in the world is single, 5
All things by a law divine
In one another’s being mingle—
Why not I with thine?

See the mountains kiss high heaven
And the waves clasp one another; 10
No sister-flower would be forgiven
If it disdain’d its brother:
And the sunlight clasps the earth,
And the moonbeams kiss the sea—
What are all these kissings worth, 15
If thou kiss not me?
sourojit
I never understood "it is pain or a remedy for it".
ponda
Love is like war, easy to begin but hard to end.
peaceupnorth
Love is Blind
JinTenshi
sana618 wrote:
the movie Captain Corelli's Mandolin:

"Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are.

Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two.


Wow I like this one. It's interesting. Very Happy
Related topics
Sirius Black's
the bull
Gamerz Brasil
wich monitor is best
Here's a multi-purpose site
Love And Friendship Quotes
bike store
My new site
NEW SITE
What you listen to music?
Increase several forum styles , OK?
Picture Poem
Where are you?? (map your location)
Text to pictures
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Relationships

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.