FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Server 3 Phpmyadmin

Asap170
Well I tried to go to Phpmyadmin today, but I get an error message: 'Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/tmp/) is not within the allowed path(s): (.:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/var/www/:/usr/local/lib/php/:/etc/virtual/:/proc/) in /var/www/html/phpMyAdmin-2.10.3-all-languages/libraries/session.inc.php on line 100

Fatal error: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Failed to initialize storage module: files (path: ) in /var/www/html/phpMyAdmin-2.10.3-all-languages/libraries/session.inc.php on line 100'

I sure hope this on Frihost's end. Because if it was something I did I wouldn't be able to fix that. I would sure like this problem to be fixed.

I am on Server 3. (New, faster, and better server.)
cr3ativ3
Ah yes, I can confirm this to. When Bondings reinstalled apache and mysql they other day due to the cRaZy update problem. It is very likely that he missed this.

Its most likely due to the open_basedir restriction on the folder containing phpMyAdmin, not allowing it to access the tmp where sessions are stored.

However sessions do work within our own folders luckily!
Asap170
So we just have to wait?
cr3ativ3
Asap170 wrote:
So we just have to wait?

Till the boss comes along yes, (hopefully he hasnt gone to bed yet!).
Asap170
He was already online here once today! Responded to one of my forum posts.
cr3ativ3
Asap170 wrote:
He was already online here once today! Responded to one of my forum posts.

This has already been reported, in a previous thread, and bondings is aware of the problem!

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-104034.html