FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

mid-moon day is coming ,so let me post some moon cake here,

hahame
have a good mid-moon day

tomorrow is the day ,but i am out home now,not have a family reunion

[/url]
n0obie4life
Btw. this is a chinese festival.

Its called "Mooncake Festival" or Mid-Autumn Festival.

More info on the link.
althalus
That snoopy-cake looks mighty tasty. Smile Happy mid-moon day / mooncake festival on ya.. Very Happy
yjwong
The one on the third picture looks nice...
wistom
the moon-cake looks very nice, i like, especial the second one, very different. the third one also very good. The cake can be made like this, its a strong imagine. Have a good mooncake festival .
astra
One of the most important Chinese festivals is the Mid-Autumn Frstival. Chinese ancestors believed that the seventh, eighth, and ninth lunar months belong to autumn. So the Mid-Autumn Festival falls on the 15th day of the eighth lunar month.

Mid-Autumn Festival celebrations date back more than 2,000 years. In feudal times, Chinese emperors prayed to Heaven for a prosperous year. They chose the morning of the 15th day of the second lunar month to worship the sun and the evening of the 15th day of the eighth lunar month to hold a ceremony in praise of the moon. In the western district of Beijing is Yuetan Park, which originally Was the Temple of Moon. Every year the emperor would go there to offer a sacrifice to the moon.
Rico
I have never seen or heard of moon cake and I’ve become so curious that my mouth is watering. Unfortunately the pictures don’t show up anymore and I think going googling it would be wrong. I suppose I should just grin and bare the fact that this delicacy was not meant for me to enjoy. Sad

THE THIRD WORLD SUCKS.
Liu
I have a whole pack of tea moon cakes sitting on my desk right now. Very Happy
yy1124
happy mooncake festival to all~

Time to prepare lanterns and candles~
woundedhealer
Happy mooncake festival. I've recently cellebrated what is probably the Celtic equivelent to your festival. I hope the weather will be as kind to you as it was to me.
bartdou
Laughing this festival is Aug 15 in Chinese lunar calendar, but in 2006 there is two July in this calendar, so Aug 15 in Chinese lunar calendar is Oct. 6 in the gregorian calendar. there are 5 days left....
this festival is for chinese's whole families getting together, they sit in the yard and see the moon in the sky,while eating mooncake, the moon is plenilune that day.
here is mooncake

they are made of flour skin and many kinds of stuffing in them

oho,this title was wrote in 2005 Embarassed
Rico
Amazing! I visualized moon-cake to be more like flapjacks with a sticky coconut topping, but these look pretty tasty. Nee how and a happy mooncake festival to all Chinese Frihosters.
Liu
You mean "ni hao" Wink
Vrythramax
more like SPAM cakes....old topic saying goodnight.

-closed-