FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help Identifying Weird Chip

weableandbob
The other day, I found an N13219 chip that came with my motherboard lying around, and I was wondering exactly what it does (it's wwwaaayyyy too small to be a graphics card, so my best guess is some sort of video in thing, sorta like a capture card, or maybe a video out). It has an S-Video port, as well as a yellow AV and the weird HD green, blue, and red inputs. Googling it didn't seem to yield much info except where to get the drivers, although if you need to see a real picture of it, you can find some good ones just by searching the model number under images.
badai
most probably interface for analog video signal. it got RCA RGB, RCA composite and s-video. you connect the cable to mobo, where the mobo got some converter.
Donutey
Look in your motherboard manual, from the vague information online it seems to be an video input/output add on card.
psycosquirrel
Can you get us a picture of it?

With those plugs, it sounds like an add-on adapter to the onboard video, for hooking up TVs.

But, again, it is all speculation without a picture.

When you say "chip," do you mean card? If it is a card, it is probably a low-end capture card.

Picture!
william
From a quick Google search of N13219, it seems to be an HD video output module with composite, S-Video, and component. 720p/1080i seems to be the maximum resolution. Basically, I think it's just extra video output ports for your graphics card.
weableandbob
Okay, thanks. I have absolutely no use for it! =P