FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Server 3 down today (obviously fixed)

Bondings
The webserver and mysql (not DirectAdmin, email, ftp, ...) on server 3 were down today. This includes these forums which are hosted on it.

It was due to a configuration issue that caused an update to go wrong and it took quite a while to get fixed. I'm really sorry about this.
driftingfe3s
Glad it was nothing serious and everything is up and running.
cr3ativ3
Ya...And the server status page doesnt work anymore :/...I tried going to it and well I was presented with a nice domain activation form. Which I filled out Razz....

Anyways ya you should get that thing back up sometime soon. So when were you made aware of the problem? Do you have people that can contact you to alert you that one of the servers was/are offline? Because that was a long time last night...I tried seeing if the data center where the server is housed, could contact you but...that got me no where.
spring567
Why could't open free frihost site when Server 3 was done ?
Bondings
cr3ativ3 wrote:
Ya...And the server status page doesnt work anymore :/...I tried going to it and well I was presented with a nice domain activation form. Which I filled out Razz....

Anyways ya you should get that thing back up sometime soon. So when were you made aware of the problem? Do you have people that can contact you to alert you that one of the servers was/are offline? Because that was a long time last night...I tried seeing if the data center where the server is housed, could contact you but...that got me no where.

No, it's even worse. It happened during an update yesterday evening, just before I needed to go to sleep. I contacted the server support to fix it, but unfortunately due to a password problem they were unable to login until I woke up. And then it took quite a while for the issue to be fixed. (reconfiguring and installing httpd and mysql)
cr3ativ3
Bondings wrote:
cr3ativ3 wrote:

No, it's even worse. It happened during an update yesterday evening, just before I needed to go to sleep. I contacted the server support to fix it, but unfortunately due to a password problem they were unable to login until I woke up. And then it took quite a while for the issue to be fixed. (reconfiguring and installing httpd and mysql)

When you reinstalled httpd....you should have tried getting suexec or suPhp compiled with it. Make it a bit easier to run php scripts that use file read/write.

Can you change it so that it doesnt automatically update? Setup the server to only update when you tell it to?
inphurno
was this related to when the server was down on the 26th of February?
SpellcasterDX
Well I'm glad to hear Frihost is up and running just fine and what happened yesterday was just a little error.