FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is the managers of Frihost's timezone?

spring567
I think most of the managers of Frihost are online in daytime . I want to know your timezone so that I can set my time zone the same as yours in my profile . Thus, I would know your time when you post .
I know you all come from different area , just tell me some , for example bondings :_)
rvec
bondings and I are gmt+1, bockman and helios are close to that. Not sure about others.
spring567
So you are in UK . I used to think most of you were in the US .
Bondings
spring567 wrote:
So you are in UK . I used to think most of you were in the US .

Mostly Europe and India actually.
rvec
Embarassed how could i forget india
deanhills
Interesting. Although it still does not really make a difference. Just does not feel close to earth at all. Think the only time when I have come close to wondering is when our points click over to 45. Think that is when I have wondered which part of the globe the switch was turned. Smile I initially thought it was somewhere in the US due to Bondings Avatar, but when I did, it just did not want to compute. So maybe it is Bangalore. Or New Delhi. None of the colonies.
Bondings
deanhills wrote:
Interesting. Although it still does not really make a difference. Just does not feel close to earth at all. Think the only time when I have come close to wondering is when our points click over to 45. Think that is when I have wondered which part of the globe the switch was turned. Smile I initially thought it was somewhere in the US due to Bondings Avatar, but when I did, it just did not want to compute. So maybe it is Bangalore. Or New Delhi. None of the colonies.

The points calculation isn't on a special hour. I think I was trying it out several times until it worked fine and the latest cron job I used was the one that stayed.

I'm from Belgium (Europe). My avatar is from a photoshop contest. There was a rumor that I was an alien so some people started to get really creative resulting in quite some nice images ... Anyway, one of them resulted in my avatar.
internetjobs
so the both of the servers are in Europe... and running on europe timings.. rite?
Bondings
internetjobs wrote:
so the both of the servers are in Europe... and running on europe timings.. rite?

No, we have 3 servers (although currently 2 in use) and they are all 3 in the USA.
AftershockVibe
Most servers which you can "rent" are set to UTC time anyway. Or rather, if you ask for the time (say via PHP's date() function), it is provided in UTC.
cr3ativ3
You should get some Admins here in North America (Where the majority of users are I am guessing), that can handle server issues that occur overnight for you guys.

I would be the first to volunteer for that position Razz

(It was worth a try)