FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Kevin Costner

Is Kevin Costner a good actor or not?
yes
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't know
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

ciureanuc
Hello all,

On my local TV station I saw yesterday "The Postman" with Kevin Costner.
Let me give you the summary of imdb.com: "In the year 2013 civilization has all but destroyed itself. After a war that decimated the government and most of the population of the United States (possibly the world) people struggle to survive against starvation and rogue groups of armed men. One such group is called the Holnists. This group is bigger than any other and their leader, General Bethlehem, has delusions of ruling the country."

I tried to look on more opinions about this movie and Kevin Costner... most of the people say that this guy cannot act.
I didn't see many movies with him (in fact, two or three) but still I don't understand why people say that he can't act.

What do you think?
Is Kevin Costner a good actor or not?
Crazy_Canuck
I'm gonna go with yes, but with reservations.

I think he's made some really good films: Field of Dreams, Bull Durham, The Untouchables, JFK (I'm an Oliver Stone fan), were all fine movies and he was solid in them. But I'm not sure he has ever taken on a real character and played anything outside of his comfort zone. He seems to be the same guy in every movie, y'know?
deanhills
Right. I have seen him in some good movies, but did not have an earth shattering effect on me. He is a good actor and that is about all.