FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which music artists do you miss?

chartcentral
Which music artists do you miss?
Those which have been inactive in the music scene, those who don't have new material (single or album), those groups which have disbanded, you get what I mean...

Anyway, the first three that come into my mind:
Lyte Funkie Ones ["Girl on TV", "Summer Girls", "Every Other Time"]
BBMak ["Back Here", "Out of My Heart (Into Your Head)"]
M2M ["Don't Say You Love Me", "Mirror Mirror", "What You Do About Me"]

I might add as I remember more.
How bout you, what's on your list? Smile
seannie
Oh I miss M2M too, their music had really catchy tunes.
I don't know if delta goodrem is still active, but I haven't seen any new albums of hers for quite awhile now.
Xanatos
Those greats who would have been great to see in concert before they died, such as Stevie Ray Vaughan, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix etc.
jessicawalker
Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, Pantera, Janis Joplin, Elvis, Johnny Cash, Elliot Smith, Jeff Buckley, etc.
chartcentral
I'm adding Natalie Imbruglia ("Torn" and "Wrong Impression") to the list of music artists that I miss. Although I've read that she's coming up with a new album this year. That would be great, and I'm looking forward to hear her new songs. Smile
steve1200
Nirvana, Queen, Beatles and till a few weeks ago blink 182 =)
aaahhh and Falco!
ddukki
Acceptance and Further Seems Forever were pretty good, even though FSF had different vocalists for all their albums. Also, Vertical Horizon had a great Sophomore album.
ortie10
Yes I agree with jessicawalker for the most part Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, Pantera and Elvis I would like to have met him but I dont know if I miss him.
chartcentral
ddukki wrote:
Acceptance and Further Seems Forever were pretty good, even though FSF had different vocalists for all their albums. Also, Vertical Horizon had a great Sophomore album.

Oh yes, add Vertical Horizon to my list as well! I have all of their CDs including their first 3 (which was packaged into the Chronicles collection). I love both of their major record label albums Everything You Want and Go. Great songs from a great band, and I miss them! Smile
Noremac
Millions, but one that hasn't already been mentioned. Toto.

I BLESS THE RAINS DOWN IN AFFFRICCCAAAA!!!!
bloodrider
Of course I miss Kurt Cobain, oh Nirvana....
But I also miss the Mamonas Assassinas, a great Brazilian band, to bad they died all in a crash plane Sad
amfriendsforever153
I miss nusrat fateh ali khan the great musician .
sandmanxyz
Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Nirvana, The Cliff Burton Metallica Era, Pantera, the old school Silverchair ... Crying or Very sad
manlear
Alice in Chains, Korn
Noremac
sandmanxyz wrote:
Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Nirvana, The Cliff Burton Metallica Era, Pantera, the old school Silverchair ... Crying or Very sad

I cannot stress enough the old school silverchair.
Sphaerenkern
Johnny Cash mostly Sad Sad Jimi Hendrix, too...
chartcentral
Michelle Branch was mentioned on another forum that I frequently visit, and I realized I missed her too! It's been 6 years since her last studio material. But now she's back with the album "Everything Comes and Goes" and "This Way" as her new single, so I guess I shall be missing her no longer... Wink
Helios
I really miss Bathory and Windir. Both of their leaders passed away in the same year. A very sad ending to a series of masterpieces. Not sure though how many of you know about these projects at all...
Insanity
I have to agree with Jimi Hendrix and those other guitar greats. I can't even imagine how their concerts must have been like.
Parkour_Jarrod
I would love Hendrix back and Bon Scott
evilgeniuself
I wish David Bowie would do more, along with the guys who made The Gorillaz (although I've heard that another album may be released soon)....
Skye001
Marvin Gaye... enough said!
Nutteloos
I miss Transatlantic. I mean, the members still continue their bands or, in the case of Neal Morse, their solo projects, but they made two great albums together. Then they quit. Sad
welshsteve
Freddie Mercury. The man was and always will be the greatest front man the music world has ever seen.
Solon_Poledourus
In no specific order:

Stevie Ray Vaughn
Pantera (I met Dime years ago, and he was just the nicest guy, I will miss him on a personal level as well as musical. RIP bro)
A Perfect Circle (Disbanded)
TooL (OK, they aren't gone, but it's sooo long between albums)
Randy Rhoads
Cliff Burton

And about 150 blues players that I don't have time to name.
Afaceinthematrix
Led Zeppelin, Cliff Burton, Dimebag Darryl (and all of Pantera), Bathory, Nightwish with Tarja, old Metallica (preferably with Cliff, which I already mentioned missing)... I don't really miss too many music artists because they live on through their music... And with the exception of a few people who died way too young (like Cliff Burton), most of these artists accomplished all that they would really accomplish in their lives... Quorthon (main player of Bathory) basically formed two music genres (viking metal and black metal) that I listen to...

Helios wrote:
I really miss Bathory and Windir. Both of their leaders passed away in the same year. A very sad ending to a series of masterpieces. Not sure though how many of you know about these projects at all...

Isn't your avatar the goat on the cover of the first Bathory album? I've always wanted to get that tattooed on myself (maybe inside of a pentagram).
Arseniy
James Morrison (The Doors). Kurt Cobain (Nirvana). Jimi Hendrix. Bob Marley. Johnny Cash.
Quote:
the guys who made The Gorillaz

That's Damon Albarn from Blur and AFAIK Danger Mouse Smile Yes, they're making a new album now. They promise that it will go out in summer.
welshsteve
Arseniy wrote:
James Morrison (The Doors)

Don't you mean Jim Morrison? Wink
Arseniy
Quote:
Don't you mean Jim Morrison?

I like to call him with his full name Smile
Sure, Jim Morrison. But that's not very important.
lethaltriad
I miss the angry Alanis Morrissette, Nirvana, Aaliyah and TLC and many others
frih
i miss bryan adams....
imera
I miss many, but I have no idea who.

Some bands have only a few good songs, so it doesn't mater so much if they don't exist any more, while with someone else I don't even know they don't exist any more.

there are just to many that I like to be following each, and some still make music but rarely.
chartcentral
I miss Son By Four ("Purest of Pain," "Miss Me So Bad") and Dakota Moon ("Looking for a Place to Land"). Smile
amy3
I miss Kurt Cobain so much.
chartcentral
Listening to not recent MP3s, I miss:

Tina Arena ("Burn," "If I Didn't Love You," "Now I Can Dance")
Savage Garden ("Truly, Madly, Deeply," "Crash & Burn," "I Knew I Loved You")

Smile
kriszara
I miss Freddie Mercury from Queen
Queen is doing some stuff with Paul Rodgers from Bad Company..but it just isn't the same
slashnburn99
miss read the above post thought Alanis had died!

Google, yet again came to the rescue.

Quite strange, dead music stars i dont know any before they died,

so Nirvana yes Kurt is dead but to be me can just play a CD
(Was heart shaped box, after he died?)

At least music lives on with Foo Fighters
panicofpsych
I miss the scorpions.
Mihkel
I miss Kurt Cobain, Nirvana and so on.
chartcentral
Missing Mandy Moore ("Candy," "I Wanna Be With You," "Crush" and "Cry"). Smile
todabeat
i really miss

system of a down Crying or Very sad
rogue_skydragon
I miss the Strokes...they haven't put out an album in nearly 5 years.
satery
i miss Queen & Michael Jackson
paulina
There are many, but I miss most:
Freddie Mercury, Led Zeppelin, Louis Armstrong and Bob Marley of course.

I agree with Kriszara: Queen without Freddie - it isn't the same ;]
budazz
I miss Guns and Roses,Skidrow,Bone thugs n harmony and MJ
there are a lot but this first came to my mind. Love music. Wink
guggs
I miss Free, a proper rock band who would never have dreamt of wearing make-up or leather trousers. Apparently their lead singer is now with some third-rate bunch of OAPs who are still trying to relive the 15 minutes of glory they had in the Seventies.
liljp617
Pink Floyd and Dimebag/Pantera
TVme
I miss Badfinger, Tommy Bolin, the original Bad Company line-up, the original Journey line-up - what's up with Steve Perry? is he that resentful? I miss Peter Green... he's still alive, speaking of Fleetwood Mac, what's Bob Welch doing? I miss Montrose. I really miss Frank Zappa.