FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Unzip Files?

JorgeArroyo
How can I unzip a file?
AftershockVibe
Use an unzipping program. I suggest you use 7Zip, it's free:
http://www.7-zip.org/

Although, if you have a version of windows of XP or later then you should be able to open them in explorer and drag the files into a folder. You'll then need to upload the files to your hosting (which I assume is why this is in this subforum), you can't unzip a file on the server. Not easily anyway.
JorgeArroyo
Nevermind, how can I extract files?
AftershockVibe
Extract and unzip mean the same thing.
SpellcasterDX
In your account? If you mean in your account, you can only extract .tar.gz files if I'm not mistaken. Try extracting them on your pc and then upload them unzipped each as an individual file, using something like FileZilla.
nivinjoy
If you want to extract a file in your Direct Admin account then you can do it using the Extract link next to the name of th file...!!

Or extract the files in your PC using Win Zip or Win Rar and then upload all the files to your account using any FTP solutions..!! I recommend you to use Filazilla which i feel is the best..!!

You can download File Zilla from this link: http://filezilla-project.org/download.php

For more details on using Fila Zilla see this: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-5551.html
Bondings
There will soon be an unzip/zip option for zip files in DirectAdmin, if everything works fine. (new feature)
nivinjoy
Bondings wrote:
There will soon be an unzip/zip option for zip files in DirectAdmin, if everything works fine. (new feature)

Wow that would be great and it would make things easier...!!
Bondings
nivinjoy wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Wow that would be great and it would make things easier...!!

It should be available now, it was in the newest DirectAdmin version. Could someone please check if zipping/unzipping works fine or not for you?
hamza1122
OMG! thanks so much bondings! that would have to be the best new feature so far! Thanks a lot. Now it'll make uploading my files a whole lot easier.
hamza1122
Unfortunately it doesn't work for me, i am using directadmin 1.33.1 and i try to extract the zip file but it says "/usr/bin/unzip: not found". ><" HOw do i fix it?
Diablosblizz
Indeed hamza1122 is correct, upon extracting a .ZIP file uploaded into public_html results in:

Code:
/usr/bin/unzip: not found

Perhaps there is missing files in the /user/bin/unzip folder on the OS?
rvec
Diablosblizz wrote:
Indeed hamza1122 is correct, upon extracting a .ZIP file uploaded into public_html results in:

Code:
/usr/bin/unzip: not found

Perhaps there is missing files in the /user/bin/unzip folder on the OS?

it's the unzip executable (like a .exe on windows) which is missing. Maybe bondings set the wrong path in DA, or he forgot to install the unzip program Razz
Bondings
It was simply installed in a different location. Is it working now?
Diablosblizz
Working perfectly fine! Thank you Bondings!
forkei
You can also use the online ftp www.net2ftp.com