FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Server 3 Connection Refused :(

cr3ativ3
Hello,

I have been getting a Connection Refused error all morning (off and on), with my site on Server 3. frihost.com seems to go down as well for the short momentary drops, while other sites work fine (its not my connection).

I'm only noticing it as i'm coding up a site on my hosting so I frequently refresh the page.

Any ideas?
coreymanshack
cr3ativ3 wrote:
Hello,

I have been getting a Connection Refused error all morning (off and on), with my site on Server 3. frihost.com seems to go down as well for the short momentary drops, while other sites work fine (its not my connection).

I'm only noticing it as i'm coding up a site on my hosting so I frequently refresh the page.

Any ideas?

One Idea, install xampp on your machine Very Happy
if you don't want to bog your machine down, there is an xampp lite package.
cr3ativ3
coreymanshack wrote:
cr3ativ3 wrote:
Hello,

Any ideas?

I like developing on linux, for linux.

I do have some linux boxes at home, but I am still fooling with apache settings such as suexec setups and what not.

Plus its nice to be able to send friends on msn and what not, links to the pages that are being made (for input).

And I don't particularly like to forward the ports on my router (often) LOL.
coreymanshack
cr3ativ3 wrote:
coreymanshack wrote:
cr3ativ3 wrote:
Hello,

Any ideas?

I do have some linux boxes at home, but I am still fooling with apache settings such as suexec setups and what not.

Plus its nice to be able to send friends on msn and what not, links to the pages that are being made (for input).

xampp has a linux distro.
you can upload your files to your website via ftp when you want input.
cr3ativ3
coreymanshack wrote:
cr3ativ3 wrote:
coreymanshack wrote:
cr3ativ3 wrote:
Hello,

Any ideas?

xampp has a linux distro.
you can upload your files to your website via ftp when you want input.

We could argue this forever, I think we can agree we have differing views on development.

Any idea why the server was/is doing this?
Bondings
It could be due to the logs and quota checks being run this morning/night. It seems like the stats were only updated once a month instead of daily and this might have caused a high load. Or it's simply again the server acting up.
coreymanshack
Quote:
We could argue this forever, I think we can agree we have differing views on development.

Yes, I apologize, we can agree to disagree.
FYI, I used to do the same thing you do for quite a while, I just found it more effecient like this for some reason.
cr3ativ3
coreymanshack wrote:
Quote:

FYI, I used to do the same thing you do for quite a while, I just found it more effecient like this for some reason.

When I get a fully stable and satifying configuration on the linux boxes I have, I will start to use them for development. But until then, this is the best environment to develop on I find.
coreymanshack
cr3ativ3 wrote:
coreymanshack wrote:
Quote:

When I get a fully stable and satifying configuration on the linux boxes I have, I will start to use them for development. But until then, this is the best environment to develop on I find.

yea it is pretty good.