FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hacking

jossylala
hello to you hackers, i do programming but cant hack but i was put to test by a friend(its not just me but you guys),i was told by a friend that is site can never be hacked by any one...so i decide to through it out here to anyone that wants to proof he can hack and also to someone that does hacking for fun.. please note that we are not going to take anything from his database nor are we going to crash his site all we need to do is do is to inject a write up saying " we hacked it at last,tighten your security by jossy" so that he know its hackable..... anyone interested just pm me so that i give him the url...

note:the site has tight security though!!!!
AftershockVibe
People agreeing to "hack" into a random site you suggest does not seem like a good idea, even assuming your story is true.

As a side note, I do not believe there is such a thing as "unhackable". Unless the server is question is turned off, put in a safe and dumped at the bottom of the ocean! Of course, this isn't the same as a site being worth hacking or finding someone with the incentive, time and knowledge to do so.
umeshtangnu
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
what can i say Shocked
jossylala
hey guys,come on,this just to make our point that no site is unhackeable.....
Parkour_Jarrod
If you read the forum rules content about hacking is against it unless im mistaken
Jamestf347
"hacking" a random site wouldn't be too hard, although they can get you're ip and it's not worth the trouble. But eh, anyone on the internet can get ur ip if they tried. But anyways sql injection ftw?
jossylala
@JAMES,do send u link to the site?
HamsterMan
Hacking is one of the misunderstood subjects on all of the webs. Contrary to popular belief, you can't hack any site by pounding at it for hours at end, and sites/computers can actually be made virtually hack proof. Hacking is more about being lucky, finding loop holes and new ways of gaining access to systems you aren't supposed to have access to. If there are no obvious holes in this guys site, short from physically stealing his passwords/logins, you won't be hacking his site.
Jamestf347
HamsterMan wrote:
Hacking is one of the misunderstood subjects on all of the webs. Contrary to popular belief, you can't hack any site by pounding at it for hours at end, and sites/computers can actually be made virtually hack proof. Hacking is more about being lucky, finding loop holes and new ways of gaining access to systems you aren't supposed to have access to. If there are no obvious holes in this guys site, short from physically stealing his passwords/logins, you won't be hacking his site.

Possibly true, but there are ways you can exploit the password, and login. For example brute force (takes a while), and sql injection (still takes a while) but what would be the point in "hacking" a site. I mean it's virtual, and is a crime in many countries eg. USA.
jossylala
ok guys,topic closed.... i thought that we had hackers that do it for fun/point proofing rather that for crime here...anyway,thanks for the contribution
Stubru Freak
Jamestf347 wrote:
HamsterMan wrote:

Possibly true, but there are ways you can exploit the password, and login. For example brute force (takes a while), and sql injection (still takes a while) but what would be the point in "hacking" a site. I mean it's virtual, and is a crime in many countries eg. USA.

Brute forcing doesn't take a while, it takes thousands or millions of years for even short passwords, if you do it over the network.
SQL injection takes almost no time, but if they correctly escaped everything, there's nothing you can do.

The problem is that, when the guy says he's unhackable, he probably knows what he's talking about, and hacking a site that's properly coded is almost impossible.
AftershockVibe
I agree with you except for this:
Quote:
The problem is that, when the guy says he's unhackable, he probably knows what he's talking about.

He probably knows what he's talking about or this is some sort of adolescent geek-off Wink
We have no way of knowing.
Cool
silverdown
Don't forget about rule

13) Content related to hacking, torrents, peer to peer, cracking, serial numbers, violence and terroristic activities.
Gushe
Actually, I can create a complete Unhackable website (at least, not without literaly breaking into the hosts server) within 3 minutes + post the source here in one post.

Here you go:

Index.html
Code:

<html>
<head>
<title> UnHackabel Website! </title>
</head>
<div align=center> This Website is not Exploitable! </div>
</html>

It even took me less than 2 minutes!
However you might say that this is only one webpage, uploading it to a host would make it also a full website, consisting of one page. (I guess there's no dictionary that says a website needs 5 pages to be a website? That would be an odd W3C standard)

Am I skilled, or am I skilled? Cool
Fire Boar
Er... you forgot the <body> tags. Smile Oops!
Jamestf347
Gushe wrote:
Actually, I can create a complete Unhackable website (at least, not without literaly breaking into the hosts server) within 3 minutes + post the source here in one post.

Here you go:

Index.html
Code:

<html>
<head>
</head>
</html>

However you might say that this is only one webpage, uploading it to a host would make it also a full website, consisting of one page. (I guess there's no dictionary that says a website needs 5 pages to be a website? That would be an odd W3C standard)

Actually if a site is hosted, it's hackable ... anything is, but the only difference between your made up site and lets say... myspace is your site would have no sufficient need to be hacked... only thing would be for is like a childish prank... like redirecting or something.

by the way you spelled unhackable wrong, and div align is css so you would need at least 2 files XD
Fire Boar
Jamestf347 wrote:
Gushe wrote:

Here you go:

Index.html
Code:

<html>
<head>
</head>
</html>

Actually if a site is hosted, it's hackable ... anything is, but the only difference between your made up site and lets say... myspace is your site would have no sufficient need to be hacked... only thing would be for is like a childish prank... like redirecting or something.

by the way you spelled unhackable wrong, and div align is css so you would need at least 2 files XD

Er... how wrong can you get? Using "div align" does not require any additional files. Try it if you don't believe me. And guessing someone's login details is not hacking, it's just poor security on the website maintainer's part. The web page shown itself is entirely and completely unhackable.
Gushe
You can hack any site by breaking into the server where it's hosted. I ment more like an exploit in the website itself.

<body> tags, Doh >.< And in the text above my code example I actually spelled it right, Typ0. Smile

~ GuShe
BlueVD
First of all, you should know about the legal ramifications of CRACKING:

• you can end up in jail
  • in order to avoid getting in jail, you would need the written approval of both your friend and hosting company
  • there's no site that isn't crackable. all sites or the hosting software have some exploits to a certain degree
  • you never (I underline NEVER) do cracking just becausse you want to have fun or someone challenged you!

Oh, and people, learn the difference between cracking and hacking.
Hacks usually represent modifications or alterations to certain software in order to improve some aspects. A hack would be considered altering the code of a program and rewriting some parts in pure ASM because it would get higher performance that way.
Cracking on the other hand is altering software so that some parts that were put there by the programmer would no longer be used (bypassing registration, etc) or altering programs so that the attacker could get access to a remote computer.
Generally these explanations are longer and much more intricate, but I just want to underline the difference between the two.
Fire Boar
Ah, good man BlueVD. You're a proper hacker I see. He's quite right: hacking as most people know it is actually a term used incorrectly by the media when they mean cracking, which is illegal.

There are cracking war games out there though - places that challenge people to crack into some virtual website or other - it deliberately has certain vulnerabilities so that people can theoretically do it. It's quite fun if you're into that kind of thing.
coreymanshack
BlueVD wrote:
First of all, you should know about the legal ramifications of CRACKING:

• you can end up in jail
  • in order to avoid getting in jail, you would need the written approval of both your friend and hosting company
  • there's no site that isn't crackable. all sites or the hosting software have some exploits to a certain degree
  • you never (I underline NEVER) do cracking just becausse you want to have fun or someone challenged you!

Oh, and people, learn the difference between cracking and hacking.
Hacks usually represent modifications or alterations to certain software in order to improve some aspects. A hack would be considered altering the code of a program and rewriting some parts in pure ASM because it would get higher performance that way.
Cracking on the other hand is altering software so that some parts that were put there by the programmer would no longer be used (bypassing registration, etc) or altering programs so that the attacker could get access to a remote computer.
Generally these explanations are longer and much more intricate, but I just want to underline the difference between the two.

How do you learn without doing it for fun friend? Have to start somewhere.

EDIT: Just don't get caught.
Hogwarts
coreymanshack wrote:
How do you learn without doing it for fun friend? Have to start somewhere

By learning to write a secure website and configure a secure server? Even our favourite resident alien has been dipping into "md5-reversal" methodology Confused

Of course, I now expect somebody with a level of intelligence somewhere inbetween 4chan and fisherprice to respond and repeat verbatim what was said in some previous post.. Hurray for forums!
Gushe
Hogwarts wrote:
coreymanshack wrote:
How do you learn without doing it for fun friend? Have to start somewhere

By learning to write a secure website and configure a secure server? Even our favourite resident alien has been dipping into "md5-reversal" methodology Confused

Of course, I now expect somebody with a level of intelligence somewhere inbetween 4chan and fisherprice to respond and repeat verbatim what was said in some previous post.. Hurray for forums!

If you mean what I think what you mean, meaning that you think that somebody will most probably jump in the converstation and act smart by telling tht md5 is not reversable, please leave that favour to me. Smile

Hurray for Forums!
Hogwarts
Gushe wrote:
If you mean what I think what you mean, meaning that you think that somebody will most probably jump in the converstation and act smart by telling tht md5 is not reversable, please leave that favour to me. Smile

Hurray for Forums!

And the cheer arises from the stadium for Gushe Sad

In programming, every function has an inverse. There are no exceptions to this.

Code:
<?php

$md5 = md5(20);
foreach ($i = 0; $i < 1000; $i++)
{
if(md5($i) === $md5)
{
echo $md5 . ' == md5('. $i .')';
}
}
?>

Oh. It seems I just reversed an MD5. And couldn't more complicated applications of this formula work for more complicated hashes? (Hint: The answer is "yes")

Whoops, I broke your logic Sad

Anyhow, this topic is stupid. Shouldn't it be closed, or something?