FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

24 (Season 7)

Insanity
Your thoughts on this season so far?

Possible spoiler warnings in this thread...

I thought the last episode was pretty badly done. The transition was kind of rough; I didn't like how they completely solved one case, then just started on another one mid-season. Sort of like the season where Jack had to go rescue Audrey after he got the nerve gas or something. Bleh.
roxys_art
In almost every season of 24 one case is solved and then another one started midway through the season.

I must say, this season has really lured me in again. I kind of stopped watching it for a while, but I think the writer's strike did this show some good. My favorite part of the season so far was when the White House was under siege. It definitely kept my interest.

Don't know if anyone in here thought so, but the scene with Jack and Tony right after the White House threat was over was brilliantly shot. The way the camera was on Jack with Tony in the background sharpening in on who was talking and blurring out the other. Very nicely shot.

Not sure where the season will end up, but hopefully it continues to progress nicely.
soljarag
I have seen seasons 1-5 and when season 6 ran, I watched about 15 episodes, then I couldn't even bare to watch the rest.

This season they finally got back on track, and I am really enjoying it
malcolmpreen
Although... with Jack currently at deaths door.... the tension of that particular situation is somewhat relieved by the news that Jack is ready to start filming season 8 !!!

I like 24.... but you have to learn that something bad almost always happens on the hour (every hour)

Malcolm
Insanity
I think there's too many plot twists and turns now. If anyone has seen the last couple episodes, you'll know what I'm talking about. There's just too many surprises now, though I suppose that's characteristic of 24.
joe_042293
I think 24 has gotten to the point now, it's so ridiculuous, that it has to fulfill these clichés that it's set out for itself, with Jack torturing someone every few hours, and huge plot twists, a major character dying every series...

And I love it for it. Wouldn't have it any other way.
Dean_The_Great
24 has managed to become predictable in its unpredictability, and it's great for some reason. You know there is going to be a big twist, you know Jack will tell some authority figure "That's not the right play" and you know Jack is gonna take out four terrorists with four bullets... but I am on the edge of my seat every time wondering what the twist will be, what is the play Jack thinks is right, and who is Jack gonna kill?

Man I love watching 24.
Starrfoxx
I totally agree. The show is getting really good, and it never seems to amaze me.
cavey
I haven't seen a single episode of 24, and I think I might be the only one on earth who haven't.

The idea of one hour put in a 45 minute episode just doesn't appeal to me. I certainly hope they cut to commersials or something more interresting when Kiefer Sutherland takes a 5 minute toilet break :p

I once saw a "real time movie". 90 minutes was enough for me. I do not need 24 of them. Much less 164...
Starrfoxx
cavey wrote:
I haven't seen a single episode of 24, and I think I might be the only one on earth who haven't.

The idea of one hour put in a 45 minute episode just doesn't appeal to me. I certainly hope they cut to commersials or something more interresting when Kiefer Sutherland takes a 5 minute toilet break :p

I once saw a "real time movie". 90 minutes was enough for me. I do not need 24 of them. Much less 164...

The show isn't like that at all. There are several plotlines going on with different characters and locations. That's when they will switch around to keep it from getting boring. It's very clever what they have done and it works.
missdixy
cavey wrote:

yeah you really need to check out the show, because it seems like you've somehow gotten a completely wrong idea about it!
soljarag
soljarag wrote:
I have seen seasons 1-5 and when season 6 ran, I watched about 15 episodes, then I couldn't even bare to watch the rest.

This season they finally got back on track, and I am really enjoying it

I totally agree... I have seen every season, but when they started season 6, I couldn't even watch it, it was horrable.. I didn't even care how it ended so i quit watching..

This season redeemed itself and I enjoyed every episode...

The last episode was alittle weak... Tonys story line ended kinda wierd, no huge climax, but it was still good.

I am glad they decided to bring Kim back, that was a huge shock to me when she showed up, I had no idea she was coming back
Starrfoxx
Tony's story did end abruptly. I hope they bring him back next season, because he went out like a punk towards the end.

Season 7 ended abruptly at the end. I kept wanting more, but I read that the next season will pick up rather closely to where this one ended. If Keifer Sutherland is going to leave 24 soon, then I suspect that the treatment will be enough to allow him to live one more day. I guess we'll see.
Insanity
The moment I heard that there was a slight chance to save Jack, I knew that it would be his life saver. It was just too obvious. Anyways, Tony is the greatest mastermind of all time. Fooled everyone he knew. It just seems like a lot of work just to get revenge on that one guy. And to think he spent all that time just working on getting close to the guy and the guy got away. It's understandable how he reacts at the end.
yimeumi
The best season!
matam
It is awesome!
chartcentral
The 7th season of 24 was rocking! Can't wait for the 8th, which is about a month to go from now! Smile
welshsteve
I thought it took a while to get going and wasn't as "can't wait for next episode" as the previous series to begin with, but on the whole I thought it was pretty good. Still think season 4 or 5 are the best. Lookign forward to the next season in the new year
Starrfoxx
The new season is coming soon in about a month! Starbuck from the new Battlestar Galactica series will be in it, and Freddie Prince Jr as well. It should be interesting.
desonium
Starrfoxx wrote:
The new season is coming soon in about a month! Starbuck from the new Battlestar Galactica series will be in it, and Freddie Prince Jr as well. It should be interesting.

Sounds good, You know if it is also in Holland on tv than already??