FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Work From Home !

deadmix
hello all

Freelance4All allows you to post your projects to high skilled professionals and help you hire, manage and pay remote professionals as if they were working in the same office.

- As a skilled Service Provider, you can start earning extra money from home, enhance your knowledge and build a reputation!

- As a Service Buyer, you can outsource your projects all over the world and let competent administrators resolve your computer problems, configure or troubleshoot your server or even design a logo or website for you!

[url]http://www.freelance4all.com[/url]

Goodluck!
jwellsy
It's spamalicous! Shame on you
sajeebr
You can't work from home and earn for your living. It is just going to be another spam.
Can you make your living just by earning $100 a month. Earning $100 in internet is a dream for most of the people. Twisted Evil
Ghost Rider103
sajeebr wrote:
You can't work from home and earn for your living. It is just going to be another spam.
Can you make your living just by earning $100 a month. Earning $100 in internet is a dream for most of the people. Twisted Evil

I earn my living from home. It is possible. I actually make a lot more now than I would if I went and got a regular job around my town.

It's definitely possible if you get into the right subject.
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
It's definitely possible if you get into the right subject.
How do you do it? Dead curious and would welcome insights Smile
Ghost Rider103
Graphic and web design is a huge industry.

Once you build up a strong portfolio, and get some big clients behind your portfolio, it's actually not too hard. Now it's actually quite easy to find work.

Proof of what you can really do is key. Also being able to do it in the amount of time, and quality plays a huge part in how well your business will go.

Some graphic designers make $200 an hour EASILY! It's actually a VERY well paying job, you just need experience.
jomar
i believe in work from home as a way of living. i have few friends who are successful in this career for a couple of years now Smile
taksan
I suppose it is possible to work from home and provide for yourself and your family.

But contrary to what people might believe, I think it is very hard to work at home, for at least two reasons: discipline and external interference.

It is obvious that working from home requires much more discipline than working in a company's office. The other problem is that you family usually doesn't understand you are WORKING and keep bugging you, trying to have a conversation and asking you to do some of the house's chores.

As for me, the 2nd reason is the biggest problem. I alwasys had the discipline, but I can't stand the interference...
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

Once you build up a strong portfolio, and get some big clients behind your portfolio, it's actually not too hard. Now it's actually quite easy to find work.

Proof of what you can really do is key. Also being able to do it in the amount of time, and quality plays a huge part in how well your business will go.

Some graphic designers make $200 an hour EASILY! It's actually a VERY well paying job, you just need experience.
Excellent! Where did you get your experience from? Did you take special courses, or are you self-taught, or both?
TrueFact
I work from home too and it is paying me much much more than what I can earn from a regular job even though I have a degree in architecture.

I work in e-Marketing and I get enough to live, support my family and have a little more luxury than people equal or close to my social and economical status. Actually, this e-marketing is what brought me here to FriHost in the first place.

Even though, i struggle with taksan has said. My family don't believe in it. Sitting in front of computer for hours is not their idea about working or having a job. They always talk about that this way I can not secure a future or start a family. As a matter of fact, the society here can't accept such work and really it interferes with my marriage. "What's your job?" and I say "I work online" and they are like "huh??! you what?!" Shocked

For the discipline, that depends on what you do at home as a job and how your family can interfere in it.
deanhills
TrueFact wrote:
I work from home too and it is paying me much much more than what I can earn from a regular job even though I have a degree in architecture.

I work in e-Marketing and I get enough to live, support my family and have a little more luxury than people equal or close to my social and economical status. Actually, this e-marketing is what brought me here to FriHost in the first place.

Even though, i struggle with taksan has said. My family don't believe in it. Sitting in front of computer for hours is not their idea about working or having a job. They always talk about that this way I can not secure a future or start a family. As a matter of fact, the society here can't accept such work and really it interferes with my marriage. "What's your job?" and I say "I work online" and they are like "huh??! you what?!" Shocked

For the discipline, that depends on what you do at home as a job and how your family can interfere in it.
Well done! What kind of e-marketing are you doing, and who are your clients? Sounds pretty awesome, good for you!
Kelvin
Working from home is definately possible for graphics designers. Else it will be via some online related business or marketing software online etc. Sourcing and selling things online is a good way of working from home. What everyone is looking for these days is residual income and passive income, something that can keep generating income for us even when we are not working or have retired. The internet is probably the best source of finding passive income and also the best way to get conned or scammed. We just have to be wise in what we do and not believe in all that comes along. Be prepared to take on some risk in life and finances, and only put in money you can afford to lose.
metalfreek
TrueFact wrote:

What kind of e-Marketing are you involved in? I am curious to know. Most of the online money making schemes are scam. Many people say this. Personally I am only using adsense. But that is not going well for me.
chatrack
sajeebr wrote:

I have a friend who is doing Medical Transcription from home an making about $250 per month.

I think it is not a dream that is difficult to attain

Most of the searchs for "work from home" will be ending at a fake or false site.

I dont know how to search out the real work from home help site
babygeek
it'd be nice to know a bit of your background..rather than just advertising blurb..Wink
paskifire
Now I'm curious. Is there any possible work available online? How can i get involved? But first i have to work on my portfolio Razz. If earning money is easy, i think i would have no problems at all.
realkiller
Wish i could work from home but i have no idea where to start or what to do, iv been jobless for about 3 years now and i really need a job im jobless for reasons of my own well actually the doctor told me to stop what i was doing so i did and since then jobs have been really hard to find so i have been thinking about getting a job from home but have no idea at all on what i should do.
supernova1987a
online job? study web designing, networking, software engineering or information technology.
there;s no other way. it is a waste of time.
get a job somewhere, collect some money. invest in education. graduate. find a job, or start a business.
theres no other way. dont waste your time on some crappy internet business. many internet jobs are scams or illegal. do not follow them. always be careful who you talk to on the internet.
Crinoid
supernova1987a wrote:
online job? study web designing, networking, software engineering or information technology.
there;s no other way. it is a waste of time.
get a job somewhere, collect some money. invest in education. graduate. find a job, or start a business.

Good point and a honest advice. Only I know graduates in software engineering who work on the physical jobs after graduation, no choice.
The breaking point is to get a job that pays more than for a bare bones living, not allowing savings for investments. Many of us, who are looking for and option to work from home, are like that.

To do web design you have to:
- have a Photoshop (client may want photoshop files), means $$$,
- have computers (or pay for services) with all main browsers to check how result works for different browsers,
- operation systems, both XP and Vista for the same purpose,
- find, study, memorize and have a good working knowledge how to overcome some browser's bugs (this takes a lot of time to find this information),
- study php and everything else for making dynamic websites, setting them up and making them work (I hope you didn't talk about selling templates, $25-60 for non-exclusive use, with a free templates readily available everywhere),
- register business and do all accounting and reports (add living in not a rental apartment, which address couldn't be used for business purposes). If you plan to be a sole proprietor while having any property, you are risking by it all.
- have isolated place in the home, where children, pets and door to door solicitors will not distract you from the work,
- preferably in quiet neighborhood with quiet neighbors, otherwise you can't do any creative work at all, even with ear plugs (this is what I'm doing now),
- preferably with air conditioning (and be able to pay for it), or have a very high heat tolerance. With 31C in the room it is a survival, not a work conditions.
- last but not least, have and artistic taste to do a good design fast and be competitive.

I would like to hear from folks who can't invest in anything.
Crinoid
Knowing that "you can't make money without spending the money" doesn't actually help when everything is already spent and more reliable way to make an income is not available... (foreseeing reply Wink ).
Ghost Rider103
deanhills wrote:
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

Excellent! Where did you get your experience from? Did you take special courses, or are you self-taught, or both?

Sorry, I thought I replied to this a long time ago!

But anyways, for the most part I am self-taught. I took an art class when I was in high school and we did some Photoshop work, however I knew more about the program than the teacher did. So I don't think this really counts, as it was mainly a drawing class, we just had a semester of art on a computer. Which was pointless if you ask me.

I've thought about taking some classes just to get some certificates to show that I've been through courses, but I am not sure it would be worth my time or not.