FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Planet Earth Series

amgoodwater
I finished watching this series last night. The photography is amazing. I can't recommend it enough. Some of the species filmed will probably be gone in a few short years Sad As I watched the final episodes on the state of the planet, I kept thinking about a term I heard in a lecture on the Black Death--Malthusian Limit. I think we've hit it.
Bikerman
Did you watch the US version (narrated by Sigourney Weaver) or the UK version (narrated by David Attenborough) ?
(Just interested)
amgoodwater
I watched the UK version--I didn't realize there was an American version. I love Attenborough's voice.
Bikerman
amgoodwater wrote:
I watched the UK version--I didn't realize there was an American version. I love Attenborough's voice.
Oh I agree...DA is a national treasure Smile
jessicawalker
Oh, yes. I love this series also! There's something so bittersweet about it. There's so much beauty and it's all in such a fragile state.
booksense
I agree, this can make you feel sad, to know what we are seeing today may not be available through 'live' experience in future. I have started ready 'Hot, Flat and Crowded' by Thomas Friedman, where he shows many examples of habitat's losing its species due to various reasons, it creates the similar emotions.

I wonder whether we will be smart enough to stop at certain point or go all the way to 'point of no return'...

Regards,
B