FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

after shave and cream which first?

yagnyavalkya
Can anybody tell the order of application of the following
1. After shave
2. fairness cream
I think after since it contains Ch3 Oh will dissolve the cream if applied after the cream
do any of have a good advice
Ghost Rider103
I honestly do not think you are supposed to use them both the same day.

A long time ago I used them both on the same day for a while. I would first use the cream, and then the after shave. I did this because I thought if I did the after shave first, that the cream would take away the nice smell of the after shave.

After a while I quit using the cream all together. Now I just use after shave.

What is the purpose of the cream you are using?

The cream I was using was to get rid of the redness in my face after shaving. I later realized that the redness will go away in about 10 minutes after shaving. So after applying after shave, my face would be red. But by the time I walked out of my house to leave, the redness would be gone. So the cream was quite useless, which is why I decided not to use it anymore.

Hope this helps.
atul2242
Some fairness creams have been found to be long term carcinogens
Parkour_Jarrod
Cream first no after shave, i don't know what the point of after shave is tbh
DarkReaver
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
Cream first no after shave, i don't know what the point of after shave is tbh

The point of aftershave is to close up your pores which are left open after shaving and to protect sensitive skin. As its already been said I don't think you need to use them both in the same day. I would say go with the cream and no aftershave.
atul2242
After shave balm is better than fairness creams...
Chinmoy
i would suggest after-shave and any creme after an hour if your skin is dry. Otherwise aftershave works fine for me...
atul2242
Use creams with a base of natural oils and least chemical additives
oufti
what's the best product for a young man with some trouble on the skin of his face

alcooliq product or ??

because he cut him a lot of times and the blood come ofen

sorry for my poor language
yagnyavalkya
Actually Iwas wondering if both can work together
I was always thinking that the application of after shave after the creme will not be of any use since the after shave which is rich in ethanol an organic solvent will dissolve all the chemical present in the cream
hence the use of after shave after applying cream will only dissolve all the cream
but on the other hand if we apply the cream after having applied the after shave then this particular process mentioned above will not take place
but still it depends on the composition of both the after shave and the cream which we intend to use
if the after shave is not just alcohol then it does not matter which come s first
atul2242
oufti wrote:
what's the best product for a young man with some trouble on the skin of his face

alcooliq product or ??

because he cut him a lot of times and the blood come ofen

sorry for my poor language

Alcohol would help keep the cuts clean and cream would keep dirt from getting in.